Tuition at the Goethe-Institut does not just mean learning a language, but also getting to know a culture. We use a face-to-face meeting and a placement test to find out what previous knowledge you have. We help you to choose a suitable course. Find out more about German tuition at the Goethe-Institut.
- reflects the most recent knowledge in teaching and learning research.
- is varied and communicative. Speaking, listening, reading and writing are practised in situations based on real-life, using authentic texts.
- is oriented to topical and inter-cultural subject matter. Themes based on regional culture, (online) projects and research tasks provide a variety of opportunities to approach the subject of German-speaking culture.
- The teaching language is German right from the first lesson.
- Our Learning platform provides innovative and flexible learning opportunities.
Our course system
- is based on the six levels defined in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. This means that the language skills you acquire in our courses can be measured objectively and are internationally comparable.
- is standardised and transparent everywhere in the world. Once you have completed a course you can continue to learn flexibly – in your own location, in Germany or online.
Our teaching staff
- are specially trained to teach German as a foreign language. As a basis for this we use the DLL – Deutsch Lehren Lernen professional development program, which was created by specialists at the Goethe-Institut in collaboration with representatives of the scientific community.
- speak German as a native language, or have very good German language skills.
- have experience in working with people from different countries and cultures.
- regularly receive further training from us, so that they are always up-to-date with the latest developments in teaching German as a foreign language.
- inform you of your learning achievements on a regular basis, and advise you as to how you should approach your continued learning most effectively.
Our German examinations
- Our exams are internationally recognized and are accepted as proof of qualification by many employers and educational establishments.
- All exams for adult learners at the Goethe-Institut are audited by the Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE) and have been awarded the Q-Mark quality seal.
Benefits of learning with us
- Experience Germany’s full variety. If you register for a German course at the Goethe-Institut, you will have access to our libraries and media resources, as well as being able to participate in numerous cultural events.
- Take advantage of our free Deutsch für dich service, which has a selection of exercises and opportunities for communication. In this community for German learners you have access to a wide selection of interactive learning material and exercises, and you can also chat with other members.
- Customer satisfaction is one of the most important goals of our work. For this reason we operate a quality management system that is internationally standardised. This ensures that the language courses and exams at all institutes comply with uniform standards worldwide.