A levels test and/or a short interview will help select the most appropriate level for you, taking into account both prior learning and future plans and goals.
This assessment is free of charge and can be arranged to suit you.
1. General Requirements
Course participants must be at least 16 years of age.
2. Terms of Payment 2.1. Upon application, the course participant will receive a preliminary confirmation. This confirmation will state the date by which payment of course fees is due in full. 2.2. If full payment is not received by the due date, the participant loses the right to participate. In such cases, the Goethe-Institut (referred to hereinafter as "GI") retains its entitlement to the course fee.
3. Course fees 3.1. The contractually binding fee is the fee stated in the price list current at the time of application. 3.2. Should a participant wish to change his or her booking (change course dates), then the first such change is free of charge. Each additional booking change is subject to a fee equal to 10% of the course fee.
4. Cancellation and Refunds 4.1. The following conditions apply if the course participant is unable to take part in the course: In case of cancellation up to four weeks prior to the start of the course, an administrative fee equal to 10% of the course fee will be charged. In case of cancellation up to one week prior to the start of the course, GI will withhold 30% of the course fee. In case of cancellation up to three working days prior to the start of the course, GI will withhold 50% of the course fee. In case of cancellation or withdrawal after the course starts, no refunds or credit notes for future courses can be issued, regardless of whether or not the student has begun attending the course. 4.2. The cancellations must be submitted in writing. The date of cancellation shall be the date of receipt at the Goethe-Institut 4.3. Any change of scheduled individual or small group tuition must be made no later than 24 hours in advance, otherwise the session must be paid for in full.
5. Course level assignment / class size 5.1. Placement in course levels is based on the placement test conducted at the Goethe-Institut. 5.2. Our courses have at most eighteen participants. If enrolments are insufficient on the starting date, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone the course. In this case we will offer the participants the opportunity to move to another course or to receive a full refund of the course fee. We regret that we can only conduct courses that have the minimum number of participants by the end of the enrolment period. To avoid cancellations of courses that would have taken place if participants had enrolled in time, we advise students in their own interests to register before the deadline.
6. Public Holidays
No classes are held on public holidays. Replacement sessions will be held at the end of the course. No refunds are possible for students who cannot attend replacement sessions.
7. Responsibilities of participants
Participants are obliged to comply with the course rules and house rules applicable to the Goethe-Institut.
8. Liability of the Goethe-Institut
The liability of GI and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. GI also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its services due to force of nature (e.g. natural disasters, fire, floods, war, official orders and all other circumstances beyond the control of the contractual parties).