Mr. Lokesh Hebbani
- M.B.A., Marketing & Public Administration, Marquette University, Wisconsin, U.S.A. 2000
- M.S., Transportation & Civil Engineering, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming, U.S.A. 1993
- M.E., Geotechnical Engineering, U.V.C.E, Bangalore University, India. 1991
- B.S., Civil Engineering, R.V.C.E, Bangalore University, India. 1987
Transportation Program Manager, Center for infrastructure, Sustainable Transportation and Urban Planning (CiSTUP), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
2009 – 2011:
Safety, ITS & Traffic Operations Engineer, Federal Highway Administration, United States
Department of Transportation, Florida Division, Tallahassee, U.S.A.
2007 – 2009:
Safety, ITS & Traffic Management Engineer, Federal Highway Administration, United States, Department of Transportation, Georgia Division, Atlanta, U.S.A.
1994 – 2002:
MONITOR Control Room Manager & Freeway Operations Engineer, Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
Recent Accomplishments and achievements
- Advisor to Government of India on Technology Vision -2035 for Infrastructure.
- Team leader at CiSTUP, IISc managing eight Transport planners/architects and six student interns.
- Along with the Chairman of CiSTUP, providing expert advice to several Karnataka State Government Departments such as BDA, DULT, BBMP, KSRTC, BMTC, KSPCB, Bangalore City Traffic Police on several Traffic Management, Safety, Urban Planning & Air Quality projects.
- Interviewed for an article on Lane Discipline in Bangalore City by a National News Paper DNA and the article was published under Experts Take and very well received on August 3, 2012 issue.
- Received the Georgia (U.S.A.) Governors Office of Highway Safety “Outstanding Safety & Traffic Incident Management Appreciation Award” from Governor of Georgia, Mr. Sonny Perdue.
- Three times recipient of Secretary of United States Department of Transportation Outstanding Employee Distinguish Award.
- Honor Graduate of United States of America “Building the Foundation for Visionary Leadership Program”.
- Honor Graduate of United States of America “Operations Academy Senior Management Program”.
- Led the implementation of the Georgia State Strategic Highway Safety Plan that resulted in reducing the accident fatalities by 10% for three years in a row.
- Received FHWA Georgia Division Administrator’s Outstanding Employee award two times during 2008 and 2009 for outstanding work in Transportation Safety & ITS areas.
- Took leadership role in the Development and implementation of the successful Traffic Incident Management Program in the States of Florida, Wisconsin & Georgia.