Studienkolleg Middle East in UAE is a one-year preparatory program for international students who would like to study scientific and technical subjects such as engineering, computer science or mathematics (STEM) in Germany as part of their bachelor's degree.
It gives school graduates from the region the chance to complete all preparatory courses in the UAE. The Studienkolleg Middle East in the UAE will take place in hybrid form (German courses both online and face-to-face, subject classes online).
- university entrance qualification
- good German language skills (90% of all courses are in German)
Studienkolleg Middle-East in UAE prepares you for these exams. Check here if your school leaving certificate meets the requirements to study in Germany without a Studienkolleg: https://www.uni-assist.de/tools/check-hochschulzugang/
In order to attend the Studienkolleg Middle East in the UAE, please send us all the documents you need for your application.
Special conditions apply to IB school degrees, please note the following: https://www.daad.de/de/studieren-und-forschen-in-deutschland/studium-planen/ankennkennung-ib-diploma/
GCE/IG degree holders cannot attend the Studienkolleg, please note the following: https://www.daad.de/de/studieren-und-forschen-in-deutschland/studium-planen/ankennkennung-gce/
We will help you to get to the language level C1 within one year, as required by German universities. Studienkollegs in Germany require a B2 certificate - that is why we are giving you a unique opportunity to get ahead earlier.
You can find information about the language courses and exams at the Goethe Institutes in the region here:
- Saudi Arabia
- Gulf region
- Palestinian territories
- Jordan & Yemen
To attend the Studienkolleg of the Goethe-Institute in cooperation with the TU Berlin - regardless of your nationality - send your documents to email@example.com
As soon as you have received your high school degree certificate, it must be certified by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs, translated into German by a recognized translator and then submitted to us.
After receipt of all required documents, we will invite you to the mathematics entrance test. Examples of the mathematics entrance test.
Depending on the quality and age of your German language certificate, we will invite you to an additional German language proficiency exam.
• Scan of a valid passport
• Scan of the Goethe language certificate B1
• Certified translation of the high school degree (can be submitted later to a certain extent). After receiving your high school degree certificate, please contact the responsible education authority for certification, then contact a Citizens’ Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and have the certificate translated by an officially recognized translator.
In addition to the Studienkolleg fees, a semester fee of approx. EUR 60 is due for both the winter semester and the summer semester at the Technical University of Berlin.
These tuition fees include the following services:
• Fees for specialized subject lessons and DaF lessons
• Fees for a B2 and a TestDaF exam
• Fees for assessment tests
• Fees for textbooks and teaching materials
• Fees for tutorials in select subjects
• Fees for intercultural and cultural preparation
• Fees for digital scientific excursions
• Fees for the support with the legalization of documents, visa applications etc.
We recommend that you start your German language courses early so that you can start with us right after you graduate from high school or after your first year of study (American Diploma). If you stick to the time plan, you will be ready to study successfully in German at a German university.
Classes:• The language of instruction is German
• Classes take place from Sunday - Thursday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m
• The Studienkolleg is divided into a entry semester (September - January) and a higher semester (February - May)
42 teaching units (TU) of 45 minutes a week, of which:
• 15 units of German language lessons
• 8 units of mathematics lessons
• 8 units of physics lessons
• 6 units of chemistry lessons
• 3 units of computer science lessons
In addition, there will be intercultural and cultural events held that would prepare you for life in Germany.
Exams:• Four exam phases in all subjects
• B2 German certificate exam at the end of the entry semester
• TestDaF German certification takes place at the end of the higher semester (information on TestDaF)
• Written exams in mathematics and – depending on your choice – either physics or chemistry in June
• After passing the assessment test and the TestDaf certification, you can apply to any German university that offers a technical and/or scientific bachelor's degree program, but not for medicine. For this you have to attend the M course, information on this is available at studienkollegs.de.
• The assessment test takes place in Cairo.
Why you should choose to attend the Middle East Studienkolleg (Prepatory College) in the United Arab Emirates
- You will get a unique opportunity to complete the Studienkolleg at the Goethe-Institute UAE and to acquire a direct subject-related university entrance qualification to German universities.
- The technology course: the course prepares you for all natural, engineering, mathematics and computer science related bachelor's degree subjects.
- Study in German: the participants will receive in each of both semesters (entry and higher semester) at least 15 hours a week of German lessons. You thus have the opportunity to learn all the necessary German technical terms in subjects like mathematics, chemistry, physics and computer science.
- Intercultural and cultural preparation: you will not only be prepared for studying in Germany, but also for the life, values and customs of German culture. In exciting and interesting modules, you will have the opportunity to gain extensive knowledge in various subject areas, such as intercultural obstacles, the political system of the Federal Republic of Germany, equal rights for men and women and much more.
- Exclusive: acceptance of the assessment test in Cairo: to complete the Studienkolleg successfully, students must take the assessment test at the end of the higher semester (each June). The test will then be submitted to the Studienkolleg of the Technical University of Berlin and quality checked by the Berlin Senate. Written examination subjects are mathematics and - depending on choice – physics or chemistry.
- Partner is the Technical University of Berlin: With around 33,500 students, more than 100 fields of study and 40 institutes, the Technical University of Berlin is one of the largest, international and tradition rooted technical universities in Germany. Once you have enrolled in the Middle East Studienkolleg, you can apply to the TU Berlin or any other university in Germany in the technical field.
- German Studienkollegs are very competitive and admission rates are sometimes very low because applicants from all over the world apply there. The admission rate at the Studienkolleg Middle East is much higher and you have a good chance of finding a place with us.
Dr. Nivin Ghamry
Specialist Subject Teacher for Physics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Professor at Cairo University
Dr. Elsayed Tag Eldin
Specialist Subject Teacher for Mathematics
Professor at Cairo University
Specialist Subject Teacher for Chemistry
Fachlehrer für Informatik
Dozent am Studienkolleg der TU Berlin
You can always write us an e-mail with your questions, or to register for the next orientation event, or to arrange an appointment with us.
For all applicants who would like to take part in the hybrid Studienkolleg in the UAE: