An audio experience based on the work of Günther Anders
California, 1941. Real war in Europe, fake blood in Los Angeles. Join us as we enter the Hollywood Costume Palace, where movie magic is made real.
This event will launch an audio adaptation of the remarkable diary Washing the Corpses of History
, written at the time by German philosopher and poet Günther Anders, now performed by Swiss actor, Edgar Eckert.
“I ran away from the originals to the other end of the world. And here I am, in Hollywood, not Berlin, an unskilled cleaner who could not refuse to polish their copies … for pay: the Nazi boots. - 7th of March, 1941.”
Read the original translation of the diary in Modernism / Modernity
and find out more about Günther Anders here
- Date: Thursday 09 December 2021
- Time: 6.00pm-8.00pm
- Venue: Goethe-Institut in Sydney
- Address: 90 Ocean Street, Woollahra, NSW 2025, Australia
- Entry: Free with registration, limited capacity
- Registration: via Eventbrite
- Note: This is a Covid-safe event, it will be conducted in line with current NSW health regulations, which may include staff asking attendants for their vaccination status.