University advice service
Did you know that a hundred years ago 50% of people studying abroad were studying in Germany? Germany has attracted people looking for a first-class education ever since.
There are good reasons for studying in Germany:
- Excellence in research and teaching
- A wide and varied range of study options
- No or low tuition fees.
- Special support and mentoring of foreign students
- Wide range of leisure activities at universities and many different opportunities off-campus to enjoy sport, culture or numerous other activities
- Good career opportunities in Germany after graduating.
- With about 100 million native speakers, German is the most widely-spoken language in Europe. The strengths of the German economy and its increasing global significance make German a language which is becoming ever more important in the world market.
International courses of studiesMany German universities offer courses leading to an internationally recognised qualification, covering a wide range of options: undergraduate, graduate und postgraduate courses (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD). All courses maintain high academic standards and are well organised; they are taught in English and supplemented with German courses.
In Germany, every university is autonomous. This means that every university/study programme has its own set of criteria for admitting students. Therefore, please check the university website and following sources for more information.
German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst – DAAD)
In Sri Lanka the DAAD has an office in Colombo that can answer your questions. The office is mainly concerned to strengthen the academic exchange between Sri Lanka and Germany, as well as to inform on study programs in Germany and scholarship opportunities.
Ms. Niamaya Manudewa
Information and office Manager – DAAD Information Center, Sri Lanka