A film by Samarth Mahajan
Duration: 67 mins, 2021, Bengali, Hindi, Nepali, Manipuri, Punjabi (with English Subtitles)
The film brings together six characters whose lives are defined by personal and political borders, from across the Indian subcontinent. Through conversations and observations, the characters reveal their efforts to find meaning in a world beyond their control. Divided families meet, love blossoms across borders, traffickers get caught – in this slice of life documentary.
The director will be present for screening and will engage in a discussion around the film after the screening.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR:
Samarth Mahajan is a non-fiction filmmaker, passionate about telling human stories from India that remain invisible to the mainstream. ‘The Unreserved’, his national award-winning debut feature about passengers of the third class in Indian Railways, premiered at Film Southasia 2017 and received broadcast & theatrical releases in India. ‘Kazwa’, his short documentary on sustainable rural tourism through fireflies, won awards at multiple international film festivals.
- ‘Best Editing’ in the Non-Feature category at the 68th National Film Awards 2022
- ‘Jury Award for Best Documentary’, at the DC South Asian Film Festival 2022
- ‘Special Mention’ in the category documentary, at the Indian Film Festival Stuttgart 2021
- DOK.fest München (Germany),
- EBS International Documentary Festival (South Korea)
- Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival (India)
- Dharamshala International Film Festival
- Festival Internazionale del Cinema di Salerno (Italy)
- Asian Film Festival Barcelona (Spain), 2021
- Central Scotland Documentary Festival (UK)
- Indian Film Festival Stuttgart (Germany)
And many more
You can register here
to watch the film. A link to watch the film will be sent to all the registered guests to watch the film online on 31.Augusr 2022.