© © Colourbox  © Colourbox

Before you enroll at an university, it is important to have the recognition of your foreign school-leaving certificate checked in Germany in advance.

If you have Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education, Hong Kong Certificate of Education, Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination, IB or equivalent, you can enroll directly on the homepage of the university of your choice.

For more detailed information on the recognition of your previous degrees, please check on anabin or contact the International Office of the faculty you wish to attend.


DAAD(Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst / German Academic Exchange Service) is the world’s largest funding organisation for the international exchange of students and researchers.

Since it was founded in 1925, around 2.6 million scholars in Germany and abroad have received DAAD funding. It is a registered association and its members are German institutions of higher education and student bodies. Its activities go far beyond simply awarding grants and scholarships. The DAAD supports the internationalisation of German universities, promotes German studies and the German language abroad, assists developing countries in establishing effective universities and advises decision makers on matters of cultural, education and development policy.

DAAD Hong Kong is responsible for promoting DAAD’s suite of scholarship and grant programs to scholars at all Hong Kong universities and serves as a first-point of contact for individuals interested in learning more about Germany as a destination for study or research.

For any further requiries please contact

Kathrin Bode, DAAD-Lecturer
Hong Kong Baptist University
Department of Government & International Studies; German Stream