Direct Enrolment without Assessment Test
Complete beginners and students with the Goethe-Institut can enrol directly.
If you would like to re-enrol for the next term and want to avail of the re-enrolment discount please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
, and do not book via our website. If your last course finished more than 6 months ago we recommend that you complete an assessment test.
Enrolment with assessment test
If you like to book a course with us and have previous knowledge of German, we offer an assessment test. You will receive an access code and instructions by e-mail when you book the assessment test via our website. This is followed by a short interview by phone or Zoom. This enables us to assess your knowledge of German and find the best course for you. The fee for the assessment test of 25 Euro will be deducted from your course price automatically when you book your course within the next 6 months.
- Option 1 (currently not available):
At the institute: We offer tests in our enrolment week from 12-2 PM and 5-7.30 PM. No booking is required. Other times by appointment only. Duration: approx. 30 to 45 minutes.
- Option 2:
Book our online assessment test on our website. You book the test here.
Enrolment via our webshop
Enrolment with registration form Children's course registration form
Please download, fill in and send to email@example.com
Our bank details are:
- Book on our homepage
- Bank Transfer
- Credit card/Debit Card (Visa, MasterCard)
Allied Irish Banks plc
Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2
We offer courses:
Enrolment and Assessment:
- 16 January – 25 March (Term 1)
- 24 April – 3 July (Term 2)
- 10 July – 12 Agust (Summer 1)
- 14. August – 16. September (Sommer 2)
- 25 September – 2 December (Term 3)
Please contact the Language Department Office
Holidays and Re-Scheduling of Classes:
There will be no classes on the following national Irish holidays and special German holidays for students of the Goethe-Institut Irland. The dates for re-scheduled classes are given below:
St. Brigid’s Day 06/02/2023 (on-site classes only) rescheduled to Monday 03/04/2023
St. Patrick’s Day 17/03/2022 (no on-site classes will take place but online classes will take place) The Goethe-Institut will be closed.
May Bank Holiday 01/05/2023 (on-site courses only) prescheduled to Monday 17/04/2023
Ascension Day 18/05/2023 (on-site courses only) rescheduled: tbd
June Bank Holiday 05/06/2023 (on-site courses only) rescheduled to Monday 03/07/2023
August Bank Holiday 07/08/2023 (on-site courses only) tbd
German Day of Unification 03/10/2023 (on-site classes only) rescheduled: tbd.
October Bank Holiday 30/10/2023 (on-site classes only): tbd
2. Terms of Payment
- 1.1 With the exception of our courses for secondary school students, all of our courses are designed for learners aged 18 years and over.
- 1.2 A teaching unit is 45 minutes.
- 1.3 Teachers may be changed when necessary during the term.
- 1.4 There will be no classes on Irish public or bank holidays and on 3 October (German national holiday). Generally, these courses take place on the Friday of that week.
- 1.5 Special Terms and Conditions apply to our German courses for Children. Please visit our website for further information.
3. Course fees
- 2.1 The payment of the course fee is due on enrolment. Early enrolment is advisable as places are limited. Places are only guaranteed once payment has been received.
- 2.2 We accept cheques made out to the Goethe-Institut, debit and credit cards (Visa/MasterCard) as well as payment by bank transfer.
- 2.3 If full payment is not received before the first lesson, the participant loses the right to participate in a course and the booking will be cancelled.
4. Cancellation and refunds
- 3.1 The contractually binding fee is the fee stated in the price list current at the time of enrolment.
- 3.2 Unless stated otherwise, course books are not included in the course fee and must be purchased separately.
5. Course level assignment/ class size
- The following conditions apply if the course participant is unable to take part in the course:
- 4.1 In case of cancellation up to three days prior to the start of the course, the course fee paid is refunded less an administrative fee of €25. No refunds can be given thereafter.
- 4.2 Cancellations must be submitted in writing.
- 4.3 If the Goethe-Institut cancels a course, the full course fee paid will be refunded.
- 4.4 The Goethe-Institut reserves the right to terminate all language class contracts at its discretion.
- 4.5 Exam fees are refundable if cancellations are received at least 1 week prior to the examination date, less an administrative fee of € 25. No refunds can be issued after that. All changes must be made in writing.
- 4.6 In the event of a Covid-19 lock-down request from government or a whole class quarantine request from public health authorities, your classes will be moved online for the period of the disruption. Refunds are not possible.
6. Complaints Procedure
- 5.1 Assessment of course level is based on the assessment test conducted prior to enrolment.
- 5.2 The minimum number of participants for a course is 5. Our courses generally have a maximum of 18 participants.
- 5.3 We reserve the right to cancel or postpone a course. In such circumstances we will offer the participants the opportunity to move to another course or to receive a full refund of the course fee.
- 5.4 Transfers to another course level can be considered in the first three weeks after the commencement of the course after consultation with your class teacher. He/she will advise you on which class to move to.
In the event of a complaint, please submit same in written form to the Goethe-Institut Irland, Language Department.
7. Liability of the Goethe-lnstitut e.V.
The liability of the Goethe-Institut and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. The Goethe-Institut also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its services due to force majeur (e.g. natural disasters, fire, floods, war, official orders and all other circumstances beyond the control of the contractual parties).