The Goethe-Institut Sri Lanka (German Cultural Institute) in Colombo is looking for a committed colleague from 1st of June 2023 to 29th of February 2024 (part-time 50% = 20 hrs/week) to coordinate the project Film Talents - Voices from Sri Lanka and Pakistan.
- You prepare workshops, meetings and correspondence for the Film Talents Program and work with the institute's management and the mentor of the program.
- You are responsible for the project´s implementation, follow-up, reporting and evaluation (incl. contract preparation, budget plan and budget monitoring, accounting). That includes planning for the workshops (travel organization) and public events for our film programs.
- You will write texts on the specific content and topics in English for our website and social media.
- You are responsible for external and internal communication of the projects in coordination with the institute and the mentor. That includes correspondence with applicants, participants, jury members and lecturers.
- You implement internal and external administrative work processes and ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Professional experience in the organization and coordination of projects (conception, promotion, communication, implementation, evaluation, reporting) in the field of culture
- Experience and knowledge of the film and art cultures of Sri Lanka and South Asia;
- Experience in the field of public relations and communication as well as affinity for new ways of communication (social media)
- Completed university studies of advantage, ideally in the fields of film, art, culture or a comparable qualification
- Good IT skills (MS Office) and willingness to quickly familiarize yourself with relevant programs and web applications
- Very good English language skills (spoken and written).
- Excellent intercultural competence and communication skills
- High level of teamwork, reliability, creativity
- High level of commitment, personal responsibility, flexibility and ability to work under pressure and willingness to work out of regular working hours.
The fee will be paid according to the salary scheme of the Goethe-Institut. The Goethe-Institut is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and guarantees gender equality.