Our Online Group Courses
Special for Young learners
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Students are to attend class via computer / laptop / tablet only. Students are not to use their phones to attend classes as this may affect the quality of the lessons and your capacity to participate in the lessons.
- A pair of headphones with a microphone. If you use the built-in speakers and microphones of your laptop or PC, you and other participants in your class may experience annoying echo effects.
- You need a stable internet connection with at least 540 Kbit/s. You can test if your internet connection is sufficient here: Speed Test
- We use the conference tool ZOOM. Please download the app. But it is not necessary to register an account with ZOOM. To participate in the courses, the course participants* only need the link and the session number. Kindly make sure that your display name on Zoom is that of your registered name in our system. Please refrain from using nicknames or pseudonyms for your display names, as your teacher will need to identify you upon entering.
- For us, the privacy and security of our course participants is important. The licenses for the web conferencing tool ZOOM, which the Goethe-Institut Philippinen uses for online courses, are managed by the Goethe-Institut headquarters in Germany. All European Union regulations and data protection rules are adhered to. Since the Covid 19 pandemic, ZOOM has been used as a web conferencing tool by the Goethe-Institut worldwide for online courses. To date, no incidents of data privacy violations or data breaches have occurred.
Yes, the camera and microphone is recommended to be on during the entire digital lesson so that the teacher can ensure participation throughout. Muting of the microphone is done by the instructor only. If you wish to protect your privacy in your current environment, you are welcome to pixelate the private background or choose a digital background.
No, our online live class is not recorded and students are not allowed to record or photograph the class.
Books can be purchased online or in-person at the Goethe-Institut Philippinen.
Our language course office will be open during service hours (except public holidays) from Monday to Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-3:00pm; up to 5 customers will be admitted at the same time to the premises.
To see the complete price list of our books, click here.
Digital Certificates of Attendance will be issued to you at the end of your course cycle. Lead time of issuance is 1 to 2 weeks. The certificate of attendance does not replace our examination certifications.
Course participants must be at least 16 years of age upon the start of the class.
1. Terms of Payment
1.1 Course fees are paid in full upon registration.
1.2 Registration is on a first paid, first served basis. Reservations are strictly not accepted.
2. Course fees
2.1 The contractually binding fee is the fee stated in the price list current at the time of application.
2.2 Should a participant wish to change his or her booking, then each booking change is subject to a fee equal to 10% the course fee.
2.3 Booking changes are only allowed up to five (5) working days before the start of the course.
3. Cancellation and refunds
The following conditions apply if the course participant is unable to take part in the course:
3.1 In case of cancellation at least five (5) working days before the start of the course, Goethe-Institut Philippinen will withhold 50% of the course fee that will be refunded to the student. Textbooks are non-refundable.
3.2 In case of late cancellation, non-appearance or leaving the course once it is underway, the participants are not entitled to any refund.
3.3 Cancellations must be submitted in writing with reason and must be accompanied by the original receipt. The date of cancellation shall be the date of receipt at the Goethe-Institut Philippinen office.
4. Course level assignment/class size
4.1 Placement in course levels is based on the placement test conducted at the Goethe-Institut Philippinen. A schedule for a placement test will be arranged by the Language Course Office at a fee of PHP 1000.
4.2 Goethe-Institut Philippinen reserves the right to amend or postpone its courses and change course details such as fees, times, materials, rooms and instructors.
4.3 The required minimum number of students per class is 12 persons. Students may move to another course schedule or receive a full refund should the course be cancelled.
5. Responsibilities of participants
Participants are obliged to comply with the course rules and regulations applicable to the Goethe-Institut Philippinen. This implies that participants dress in an appropriate way during classes according to the norms which apply to public spaces. This covers also courses which take place in the digital environment and covers both profile pictures and live-pictures of participants.
6. Liability of the Goethe-Institut
The liability of Goethe-Institut Philippinen and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. Goethe-Institut Philippinen also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its services due to force majeure, e.g. natural disasters, fire, floods, war, official orders and all other circumstances beyond the control of the contracting parties.
As of April 19, 2022
Subject to changes
Test Your German
Are you taking one of our German courses for the first time? In this case, you will need to take a placement test before enrolling. Through this we will find out what your previous knowledge is, set a learning goal together with you, and choose a suitable course with you.