At a glance
- Duration of course: approx. 2 – 3 weeks
- Scope: 75 lessons (45 minutes each)
- Procedure: Monday to Friday, 5 lessons a day on-site at your Goethe-Institut
- Max. number of participants: 16
- Levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2
- Free-of-charge placement test before the course starts
- All course materials included
- Self-directed learning in the media resource centre
- Extensive cultural and leisure programme
- Participation certificate
- Option to sit exams
*A lesson is 45 min.
1course/ exam exempt from VAT pursuant to sec 4, no. 21(a)(bb) of the German Turnover Tax Act (UStG)
For me, the Goethe-Institut is the best way to learn German quickly and get to know people at the same time. I have met many international friends through the cultural programme.
Daniel Felipe Peña Polania, 20 years old, course participant from Columbia
- First of all, you choose the intensive German course which is suitable for you and book the course at your desired location and for your preferred date.
- After a free-of-charge placement test, which you can either take online or on-site, we will assign you to the level suited to you.
- Our intensive courses take place from Monday to Friday, either in the morning or the afternoon, depending on the course location.
- In total, an intensive course comprises 75 lessons (one lesson = 45 minutes), which are spread 15 course days. That means you are attending class for approx. 2 to 3 weeks and have on average 5 lessons per course day.
- If you wish, in addition to your intensive German course, you can book accommodation in one of our guest houses, partner hotels or with a private host.
How you benefit
- Our intensive courses offer you language training with a high degree of learning intensity and effectiveness. The intensive courses allow you to attain your personal language goals particularly quickly and daily language practice enables you to improve your powers of expression in a short period of time.
- You will train in an active and highly-motivated group with on average a maximum of 16 participants.
- Your lessons will be practical and based on key intercultural aspects of communication.
- We have integrated customised learning and training phases in the course programme. In these phases, our experienced teachers support your learning process continuously.
- Our extensively equipped media resource centres also provide you with a large selection of additional exercise options for self-directed learning.
- The attractive cultural and leisure programme also allows you to practise your German outside lessons and to get to know Germany.
According to the Common European Framework of Reference for languages
The number of lessons that are usually required to reach a certain level and take the corresponding Goethe certificate are based on experience. Individual aspects such as language learning experience and native language also play an important role. We will grade you before the start of the course in order to ensure optimal learning success.
FAQ – Frequently asked questions
Book Intensive German here.
As distinct from the intensive courses, the German courses in the evening, morning and at the weekend usually take place twice a week in the evening, morning or at the weekend. They each comprise a total of 72 lessons (one lesson = 45 minutes), which, depending on the course, are spread over 20 to 24 evenings or mornings or weekends. That means you are attending class for approx. 10 to 12 weeks and have on average 3 lessons per unit.
The intensive courses on the other hand each comprise a total of 80 lessons, in Frankfurt 75 lessons (one lesson = 45 minutes). They last about three weeks. The lessons take place Monday to Friday.
Book Intensive German here.