We are committed to reducing the environmental impact of our operations and to increasing ecological consciousness in our way of working. Sustainability is one of the most crucial aspects of modern life and also one of our internal strategic focus points. This commitment to sustainability by the Goethe-Institut worldwide is guided by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We will concentrate on becoming more sustainable as an organization as well as developing sustainable projects and raising awareness, both internally and publicly. In line with our values and strategy, we will promote international cultural exchange in a sustainable and responsible manner, in interaction with our clients and partners.
To do so we at the Goethe-Institut Finnland are committed to:
- Continuously integrate ecological practices into our daily workflow (e.g. printing less, vegan catering, waste management, digital sustainability).
- Reduce fossil fuel emissions. Reduce travelling in general and when travelling to use more sustainable options.
- Use renewable energy.
- Communicate to raise awareness. Practice sustainable actions and communicate about them regularly, with our colleagues and partners as well as to the public. We want to show that sustainability plays a central part in our everyday office life and in all phases of our projects.
- Choose consciously and responsibly. Advocate for environmental responsibility with our colleagues and partners. Raise awareness of sustainability internally and develop sustainable criteria for the procurement of services. The application of the criteria and the accountability for our choices will have an impact on our image, our services and our partners.
- Initiate and promote artistic formats and projects that address ecological, social and economic sustainability.