Please note that the Goethe-Institut does not cover for visa sponsoring. You must be a NZ citizen or have permanent residency to be considered for this role. Applications that do not fulfil this requirement will not be processed.
Essential Requirements / Teaching Qualifications
Please note: this is not a full time position but only a few hours per week as required.
- New Zealand work permit and a New Zealand resident visa or New Zealand citizenship
- Related university degree, preferably in German as a Foreign Language and/or German Studies, or potentially another foreign language
- Native speaker of German or native-speaker competence in German
- Qualification and Experience in teaching German as a Foreign Language, preferably in adult education
- You are an enthusiastic and committed teacher
Orientation / Teacher Observation Phase
Please note that the Goethe-Institut does not cover for visa sponsoring.
- Teacher observation at a minimum of four classes (16 units)
- Teaching of at least one trial class of 2 unit each under supervision by a Goethe-Institut teacher (incl. preparatory and wrap-up meeting)