Ideal if you’d like to ...
- prepare to study at a university or institution of higher education in Germany,
- provide evidence of your advanced German skills for a job application
- prepare to work in the medical field in Germany
- provide evidence that you have successfully passed Level B2
- hold an official, internationally recognised certificate
The Goethe-Zertifikat B2 is a German exam for young people and adults. It certifies that candidates have acquired advanced language skills and corresponds to the fourth level (B2) of the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Passing the exam demonstrates that you can ...
- understand the main contents of complex texts on concrete and abstract topics, as well as technical discussions in your own area of specialization,
- communicate so spontaneously and fluently that a normal conversation with native speakers is readily possible without a great deal of effort on either side,
- express your opinion on current issues in a clear and detailed manner, explain your position on a current issue and state the benefits and drawbacks of various options.
Accessible and interactive sample exams and practice exercises to help you prepare online are available here.
The requirements, contents of the exam and further information on the Goethe-Zertifikat B2 exam are available here: