Back to Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1
A good place to start: the exam sections
The Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1 exam comprises reading, listening, writing and speaking sections. The speaking section of the exam is completed in a group.
The exam is administered and evaluated in the same way all over the world.
You will be asked to read texts such as brief notes, classified advertisements, descriptions of people, simple letters to the editor or short newspaper articles and complete exercises on these texts.Duration: 20 minutes
You will be asked to reply to an email, letter, advertisement or similar piece of correspondence.
Duration: 20 minutes
You will be asked to listen to short everyday conversations, personal telephone messages, information on the radio and similar recordings and complete various exercises on what you have heard.
Duration: 20 minutes
You will be asked to introduce yourself, ask questions on everyday matters and answer simple questions. You will also be required to make requests and respond to your conversation partner in situations with which you are familiar.
Duration: 15 minutes
RequirementsThe Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1 is a German exam for children and young people between 10 and 16 years of age.
The Goethe-Institut exams are available to all interested parties and can be taken regardless of age and nationality.
- A minimum age of 10 years is recommended to take the Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1 exam.
- To sit the Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1 exam, candidates must have German language skills corresponding to the first level of competence (A1) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CFR).
- To reach this level, candidates need to have completed between 80 and 200 45-minute units of teaching, depending on their previous knowledge and learning requirements.
What else is important to know?
- Exam guidelines (PDF, 337 KB)
- Terms and conditions for exam administration (PDF, 281 KB)
- Supplement to the terms and conditions for exam administration: exam participants with special needs (PDF, 228 KB)
- Information for exam participiants with special needs (PDF, 57 KB)
- Manual examinations goals and test description (PDF, 1,4 MB)