Partners and Sponsors
How can I collaborate with the Goethe-Institut Cyprus?
The Goethe-Institut works on the basis of a partnership cooperation. For individual projects, as well as for long-term collaborations, we connect with key players from the cultural scene and educational institutions (organisations, companies, administrative bodies, individuals) in and from Cyprus, Germany and other countries. Often, several partners work together on a project.
It is of particular importance to us that we are able to develop mutual ideas in open dialogue at the outset. In our experience, events and projects are the most successful when they are planned in collaboration with others and when there is a partnership-based division of labour, starting from the original idea to the discussion of various formats and event types that are tailored to the target group, to the selection of artists, ensembles and speakers, as well as to financing, the sequence of events and organization.
Therefore, we ask everyone who is interested in working with us to contact us as soon as possible and to share plans and ideas. In this way, with the requisite lead time, we will be able to take into account, in a professional manner, the mutual interests and contributions of all partners and supporters, as well as adhere to the internal processes required by the Goethe-Institut. Regrettably, it will not be possible for us to make financial contributions to projects that were planned without our participation in terms of content, or in those unfortunate cases where a funding gap has occurred.
The Goethe-Institut is not a commercial organizer. We operate neither as a sponsor nor as a foundation. On the contrary, we are looking for sponsors for our own projects!
Topics that interest us, amongst others, are:
- Germany, Cyprus and Europe-society, knowledge, history, cultural diversity, and the perspectives of the neighbouring countries in a common Europe
- Current cultural scenes and the revitalization and updating of the cultural heritage in and from Germany
- Migration and mobility, equality, ecology and sustainability
- German as a foreign language in a multilingual Europe
Our determining criteria are:
- We want to enable projects that could not take place without us and our contributions as co-curators and project partners, in addition to our project management contributions.
- All partners, including the Goethe-Institut, should maintain their identity towards the public, guests and audience, and be able to visibly communicate in the appropriate form (from the logo to coordinated, professional press work and joint appearances in the media and public).
- Our location in Cyprus is in Nicosia, in the buffer zone next to the Ledra Palace Hotel. However, we are looking for the chance to cooperate with partners from both sides of the Green Line.
- For us, the focus is not only on the topics, the information and the content, but also on the vibrant, lasting contacts that are established, which then also allow for the creation of something new. Through our incentives, we bring people together and contribute to the formation of international networks.
Are you looking to cooperate with us? Do you have a project or idea that could bring us together? We welcome any suggestions and we look forward to hearing from you.