Ideal if you'd like to ...
- take a German exam designed for young people between the ages of 12 and 16
- demonstrate that you have a basic knowledge of German
- prove that you have successfully reached level A2
- receive an official and internationally recognized certificate
The Goethe-Zertifikat A2: Fit in Deutsch is a German exam for young people between the ages of 12 and 16. It certifies that candidates have acquired basic language skills and corresponds to the second level (A2) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
*) The cheaper price displayed applies if you have already participated in a German language course at the Goethe Institute in the past six months. The six months refer to the period between when the language course ended and the date of the German language exam. In this case, the price will change automatically during the booking procedure. If not, please contact the course office.
From March 15, 2021, this is an international transaction for which your bank may charge fees. The Goethe-Institut cannot refund any processing fees charged by your credit card provider.
Passing the exam demonstrates that you can ...
- understand and use sentences and common expressions in everyday situations,
- make yourself understood in simple, routine situations requiring an exchange of information on familiar and common topics,
- describe your background and education, immediate surroundings and other matters associated with your immediate needs, in a simple way.
Accessible and interactive sample papers and practice exercises to help you prepare online are available here.
Requirements, exam contents and further information on the Goethe-Zertifikat A2: Fit in Deutsch exam are available here: