With a representative selection of current media, the library informs about society, culture, politics and current affairs in Germany. The library of the Goethe-Institut Jakarta is open to all interested parties. The use of books, magazines and audiovisual media is free of charge in the library. Borrowing media to your home requires a library card.
You will find:
- Books on selected German-related topics in German, sometimes also in English or Indonesian
- Materials for learning German
- Current German magazines
- Feature films and documentaries on DVD, some with English subtitles
- Video and board games
- Reference books and dictionaries
- Internet workstations and Wi-Fi
We offer expanded inventories in our main topics:
- German as foreign language
- Regional studies
The annual fee is Rp. 50,000.-
Language course students of the Goethe-Institut receive a free membership for the duration of their course upon presentation of the student card.
Please bring a current ID card (KTP Jabodetabek, Jakarta / Bogor / Depok / Tangerang / Bekasi) for registration. If you do not have an ID card, we will issue a library card upon presentation of a registration confirmation from your community.
Foreigners staying in Jakarta not only for a short time can become a library member upon presentation of their passport and residence permit (Kitap or Kitas).
You can register online on our website. Please fill in this form beforehand, to enter the most important data for your registration and to confirm your mail address in advance. Then come to the library within the following 7 days to complete the enrolment process. The library team will also be happy to inform you during a personal visit.
Magazines: 2 weeks
Board games: 1 week
- Display of borrowed media including due date
- Extension of the loan period of your media
- Insight into outstanding and paid fees
- Purchase proposals for the library's media collections
- Commenting on media
- Overview of the media you have borrowed in the past
To be able to use this service, you have to be approved once by the library team. Please contact the library team on your next visit or apply for the activation.
You can comfortably extend your media online in our library catalog after you have logged into your personal user account.
>> Media extension online
Alternatively, you can extend your media directly at the circulation desk as well as by email or by phone:
Tel. +62 21 23550208 (Ext. 114)