Returning the media isn’t necessary; at the end of the loan period, the media automatically becomes unavailable. With our eLibrary, borrowing media is possible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Every person who is interested, and who is registered with one of our Goethe-Institut libraries, can use the services of the eLibrary.
Please note: The use of eLibrary media on Apple and Linux powered devices is very limited (at the moment, only eBooks in the ePub format can be used). The download of eLibrary media onto the Kindle is not possible. We recommend that you make sure that your PC or Mac operating system is compatible prior to signing up.
- You need to register to use the eLibrary using the online registration form. If you're not already a member of the Goethe-Institut library in Kenya we will enrol you and send you a registration code which you will need to activate your access to the eLibrary.
- The activation is carried out through our 'Mein Goethe.de' personalised web platform which you can find at the top of Goethe-Institut web pages. Enter your registration code under the 'My eLibrary' menu item. If this is your first time using 'Mein goethe.de', you must first create a user account for this service. The registration and use of 'Mein Goethe.de' is free of charge.
ValidityFrom the moment you first enter the registration code, you will have access to the eLibrary service for one year. After one year, this access automatically expires. If you wish to continue using the eLibrary service, you will need to fill out another registration form. You will then obtain a new registration code to renew your access to the eLibrary.
The following formats are currently used in the eLibrary:for eBooks: PDF-format and/or ePub-format
- for eAudio: WMA-format
- for eVideo: WMV-format
- for ePaper: PDF-format
- Operating system: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
- Windows Media Player 11 or higher
- Adobe Reader X or higher
- Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.2 (free Adobe ID required for authentification)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
- Firefox 3.6.0 or higher
- Mac OS 10.2.8 - 10.4.2 + Adobe Reader 7.1.0
- Mac OS 10.4.3 - 10.5.3 + Adobe Reader 8.x (9)
The minimal requirements for Linux systems for eBook use are:
- SuSe Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 + Adobe Reader 7.0.9 - 8.x
- Slackware Linux 10 + Adobe Reader 7.0.9 - 8.x
- Debian 4.0 Etch + Adobe Reader 7.0.9 - 8.x
- Ubuntu (ab Version 8.10)
We appreciate your understanding that while we currently are able to make our new range of titles available to many customers, for technical reasons, we are as yet unable to do so for all of them.
Please make sure that your eBook reader is compatible.