Due to the corona pandemic, the exams at the Goethe-Institute Hanoi take place under special security conditions. All exam participants must wear a face mask.
The examination commission of the Goethe-Institute Hanoi wishes all exam candidates good health and hopes to see you again soon!
Starting April 4th 2022, Goethe-Institute Hanoi will use a new portal for online exam registration
In order to ensure a seamless registration experience, please create an account on my.goethe.de
before starting the exam registration process.
Please read the instructions for logging in here
Please read the instructions for exam registering under this new application carefully.
Please always make complete payment in advance of the examination date. Please respect payment deadlines of each exam date. Fee exam bases on contemporary price, which is given on information media of Goethe–Institut such as flyer, official website of Goethe-Institut Hanoi www.goethe.de/hanoi
14 days after you successfully transfer the exam fee, the cancellation fee is 100% of the exam fee.
Changing the exam date under certain circumstances such as illness, accident, positive for COVID 19 (medical certificate required) can be done directly at the Admissions Office after emailing before the exam date to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. The change of exam date only goes into effect, once the admissions office has replied to your inquiry. The administrative fee for changing the exam date is 20% of the exam fee. Once the exam office has approved your request to change your exam date, you or a chose representative must present your passport or your citizen identification card and the exam fee receipt at the office, in order to complete the change of exam date.
Come on time!
Please arrive at the examination room on time.
Please note: If you arrive late, you will not be allowed to take part in the exam and no payments will be refunded.
Proof of identity
On the day of the exam you are required to show proof of identity. Please bring your passport, a passport copy on DIN A4 paper and a current passport photo of 4x6 cm glued to the right edge of the copy.
- Using of subject specific documents (e.g. dictionaries, grammar books, prepared outlines etc.) and technical resources such as mobile/ smart phone, tablets or similar devices, which have the capacity to save or retrieve information is not permitted.
- Mobile phones must be turned off and handed over to the proctor. They will be returned once the examination is completed.
- All exam materials will be collected by the proctor after the examination. No notes or other materials may be brought into or taken out of the examination room. Please note that the conduct of the exam will be very strictly supervised.
- On top of the answer sheets the candidate must fill the required information such as name, date of birth, and candidate number. Please do it before starting the exam! Without these data the result cannot be evaluated.
- Your answers must be transferred to the answer sheet provided. Only answers properly transferred will be evaluated.
- All answers on the answer sheet have to be written using a blue or black only ballpoint pen, fountain pen, felt-tip pen or gel pen. Text-marker, colored pens and correction pens are allowed only for exercise sheet. In case pens are provided candidates are obliged to use the provided pen only.
In the exam room
- Candidates are not allowed to communicate with one another in any way during the examination. Questions are not answered.
- After the examination has begun the restrooms only in exceptional and rare cases are open to the candidate. The candidate will be accompanied by the proctor.
- Candidates disturbing the smooth conduct of the examination or using non-permitted material, candidates copying answers or interacting in any way with other candidates, candidates not following the instruction of the proctor shall be removed from the examination room and will be deemed to have failed the exam.
In the event that an exam participant shall perpetrate -or shall attempt to perpetrate -identity fraud in relation to the exam, that participant and all individuals complicit in the identity fraud shall be excluded from the exam.
Should exclusion occur the Goethe-Institut shall, after duly considering all circumstances of the specific case, impose a ban on the individuals complicit in the identity fraud, prohibiting them from taking any of the exams offered by the Goethe-Institut for a period of one year.
Examination results are generally announced at the website of the Goethe-Institut www.meingoethe.de
no later than two working days after finishing the examinations. When you pick up your German Certificate, you should present your valid original passport.
Please note: The Goethe-Institut does not impart any result related information by phone or email.
Examination participants who have taken and passed non-modular examinations (Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1, Start Deutsch 1, Goethe-Zertifikat A2: Fit in Deutsch, Goethe-Zertifikat A2, Goethe-Zertifikat C1) receive a full certificate.
Examination participants who have taken and passed one or more modules of the examinations (Goethe Certificate B1, Goethe Certificate B2) will receive one certificate for each modul. If all four modules have been taken and passed at one examination location and on the same examination date, the examination participants will receive one full certificate displaying the results of all four modules.
In case an examination participant cannot come along to pick up his or her certificate in person and thus he/ she authorizes a third party to do so, the Goethe- Institute Hanoi requires:
- a formal authorization letter signed by the examination participant,
- the valid passport / identity card of the authorized person,
- a copy of the valid passport/ identity card of the authorized person,
- the passport of the examination participant with signature (A passport copy shall be accepted.),
- a passport copy of the examination participant
If the signature on the passport and the signature on the authorization letter are not identical, we cannot issue the certificate to the recipient.
If your certificate has gone lost, you can ask for a replacement certificate (for a fee). Alternative certification is only issued for exams taken within 10 years from the date of certification.
Confirmation of exam participation
If you do not pass the exam, we may issue you a confirmation that you have participated in the exam.