Vielfalt, Neugierde und Offenheit zeichnen uns aus. Das Goethe-Institut e. V. ist das weltweit tätige Kulturinstitut der Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Wir fördern die Kenntnis der deutschen Sprache im Ausland und pflegen die internationale kulturelle Zusammenarbeit. Wir vermitteln ein umfassendes aktuelles Deutschlandbild und informieren über das kulturelle, gesellschaftliche und politische Leben in Deutschland.
Publishing Date: November 05, 2020
Application Deadline: November 20, 2020
Goethe-Institut Dhaka / Bangladesh
The Goethe-Institut is the Federal Republic of Germany’s cultural institute, active worldwide. We promote the study of German abroad and encourage international cultural exchange. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive image of Germany by providing information about cultural, social and political life in Bangladesh. Our cultural and educational programmes encourage intercultural dialogue and enable cultural involvement that strengthen the development of structures in civil society and foster worldwide mobility.
Position: Receptionist (m/f)
Duty Station: Dhaka
Salary: According to the local salary scheme of the Goethe-Institut Bangladesh
The Receptionist is a full-time position with official 40 hours duty per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving visitors and directing them to the appropriate person in the office
- Responding to telephonic, email and personal enquiries about the activities of the Institute in a helpful and constructive manner
- Screening incoming phone calls and forwarding them to the concerned person
- Receiving, sorting and distributing all mail and deliveries
- Ensuring that the reception area is kept smart and tidy and that physical and digital noticeboards are updated
- Assisting during course and exam enrolments.
- Providing language course and exam information to prospective & existing students.
- Supporting and coordinating with the Language office for enrolment and exam related tasks.
- Performing other clerical receptionist duties as and when required.
Required Education and Experience and Skills
Minimum Graduate in any discipline
Minimum 3 years of experience as a receptionist, front office representative or in a similar role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to use direction, patience, tact and respect for confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English and Bengali
- A1 German language proficiency is preferred / willingness to learn German.
- Flexibility and readiness to work under pressure, when required
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Please send your job application with a motivation letter and detailed CV with 2 references to email@example.com with the subject line “Application Receptionist” latest by 20th November 2020.