During the summer session 2022, the courses will take place in-person and online. You can register now!
If you already have some knowledge of German, please write us an e-mail in order to write a placement test: email@example.com
If you already know your level or you are a beginner (A1.1), you can register online and pay with PayPal during the registration period. Simply choose your German course
and then proceed to the payment via PayPal (you don't need an account, only your credit card information). You will first get the payment confirmation from PayPal and we will contact you before the beginning of the course.
The language course office is open Mondays and Wednesdays from 2 pm to 5:30 pm. Outside of these hours, we will be glad to help you by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
||Fee per semester
|Blended Learning super intensive (whole level A1-A2, half level B1-C1)
|Online course (partial level A1-A2)
|Online course (partial level B1-C1)
|Online course individual (whole level A1-A2, half level B1-C1)
|Online course individual (partial level A1-C1)
|Special courses (20 teaching units)
Students of Saint Paul University and Saint-Paul University employees receive a 30% discount on all courses.
We offer courses in four main sessions that start in January, April, June and September. In addition, a shorter course term starts every 5-6 weeks. Individual and customized small group courses can be booked at any time.
Here you can find the courses that will start soon and for which you can enroll now: Dates and Prices
Holidays 2022 (no classes):
- Good Friday: April 15, 2022
- Easter Monday: April 18, 2022
- Canada Day: July 1, 2021
- Labor Day: September 5, 2022
- Thanksgiving: October 10, 2022
- Christmas Holiday 2022: December 23, 2022 to January 2, 2023
Through a placement exam and interview, we can determine your level, create learning goals with you, and choose the best course. Our placement exam (written with an oral interview) is free and registration is not required. Exam times other than normal registration hours by appointment only.
Duration: approx. 1 1/2 hours
1. General Requirements
Course participants must be at least 16 years of age or older, except for the courses for teens.
2. Terms of Payment
2.1. The course fee is payable in full upon enrollment. Payment can be made by credit card (Visa/MC), Interac (only in Montréal) or with PayPal.
2.2. A place in a course is only guaranteed if payment has been received by the due date.
3. Course Fees
3.1 The contractually binding fee is the fee stated in the brochure and on the website of the Goethe-Institut valid at the time of application.
4. Cancellation and Refunds
4.1 Should a course be cancelled by the Goethe-Institut, course participants have the right to be reimbursed.
4.2 If the course participant is unable to take part in a course, the following conditions apply:
5. Course Level Assignment / Class Size
- Withdrawl must be communicated in writing by e-mail.
- An administrative fee of 20% of the course fee will be charged in the following cases:
- In-person courses (regular, intensive, special and individual courses): Withdrawal before the 2nd day of class
- Blended learning courses 5 weeks and 10 weeks: Withdrawal before the 2nd meeting (in-person or online).
- Deutsch Online Individual 5 or 6 weeks: Withdrawal before the end of the 1st week of the course.
- Deutsch Online Individual 12 weeks: Withdrawal before the end of the 2nd course week.
- In all other cases, fees are not refundable.
5.1. Placement in course levels is based on the placement test and consultation conducted by the Goethe-Institut.
5.2. Except for individual and small group classes, all other courses have at most 14 participants. Should a minimum course registration of 10 participants not be met, the Goethe-Institut reserves the right to cancel a course.
6. Obligations of the Participants
Course participants are obliged to follow the course and house rules.
7. Liability of the Goethe-Institut / Unforseeable Natural Events
The liability of the Goethe-Institut and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. The Goethe-Institut also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its services due to unforseeable natural events.