You can register in person or by e-mail.You can also pay online with PayPal. Simply choose your German course
an click on Paypal. You will be registered for the course automatically.
- Summer session 2019: July 2 - 29. 2019
- Registration: June 17- 28, 2019
Brochure summer session:
||Fee per semester
|A1-C1 (48 units each)
|A1-C1 / Saturday (48 units each)
|A1-Accelarated course (36 units each)
|Special courses (30 units)
|Grammar and conversation courses (12 units)
|Young Learners Courses (36 units each)
The cost of the textbooks is not included in the course fee.
Students and Saint-Paul University employees receive a 30% discount on all courses.
Through a placement exam and interview, we can determine your level, create learning goals with you, and choose the best course. Our placement exam (written with an oral interview) is free and registration is not required. Exam times other than normal registration hours by appointment only
Duration: approx. 1/2 hour
1. General Requirements
Course participants must be at least 16 years of age or older, except for the courses for teens.
2. Terms of Payment
2.1. The course fee is payable in full upon enrollment. Payment can be made in cash, by personal cheque, credit card (Visa/MC), Interac (only in Montréal), money order (only in Toronto) or with PayPal.
2.2. A place in a course is only guaranteed if payment has been received by the due date.
3. Course Fees
3.1 The contractually binding fee is the fee stated in the brochure and on the website of the Goethe-Institut valid at the time of application.
4. Cancellation and Refunds
4.1 Should a course be cancelled by the Goethe-Institut, course participants have the right to be reimbursed.
4.2 If the course participant is unable to take part in a course:
the following conditions apply in Montreal and Ottawa:
- If students withdraw from a course and notify the Goethe-Institut Montreal in writing before the beginning of the second class, an administration fee of 20% of the total tuition fees will be charged.
- In all other cases, fees are not refundable.
the following conditions apply in Toronto:
- Cancellation up to 3 days before the course starts: full refund of the paid course fee minus an administration fee of 30 CAD.
- Cancellation after the first lesson: refund of paid course fee less an administration fee of 60 CAD.
- With cancellation after the second lesson, there will be no refund given.
- In case of withdrawal due to personal reasons after the course is in progress no voucher for a later course will be issued.
5. Course Level Assignment / Class Size
5.1. Placement in course levels is based on the placement test conducted by the Goethe-Institut.
5.2. Except for individual and small group classes, all other courses have at most 16 participants. Should a minimum course registration of 10 participants not be met, the Goethe-Institut reserves the right to cancel a course.
6. Obligations of the Participants
Course participants are obliged to follow the course and house rules.
7. Liability of the Goethe-Institut / Unforseeable Natural Events
The liability of the Goethe-Institut and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. The Goethe-Institut also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its services due to unforseeable natural events.