At a glance
- Duration of course: approx. 10 – 12 weeks
- Scope: 72 lessons (45 minutes each)
- Procedure: twice a week in the evening approx. 3 lessons in your local Goethe-Institut
- Max. number of participants: 16
- Levels: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2
- Free-of-charge placement test before the course starts
- All course materials included
- Self-directed learning in the media resource centre
- Participation certificate
- Option to sit exams
I used to find learning German really difficult and I tried lots of different things. But on the language course at the Goethe-Institut, I suddenly started making rapid progress.
Ann, 33 course participant from the US
- First of all, you choose the German evening course which is suitable for you and book the course at your desired location and for your preferred date.
- After a free-of-charge placement test, which you can either take online or on-site, we will assign you to the level suited to you.
- Our German evening courses usually take place twice a week.
- A German evening course comprises a total of 72 lessons (one lesson = 45 minutes), which, depending on the course, are spread over 20 to 24 evenings. That means you are attending class for approx. 10 to 12 weeks and have on average 3 lessons per evening.
How you benefit
- Our German evening courses provide you with effective and varied language training. In the lessons, you will practise the skills of reading, listening, writing and speaking, whereby great emphasis is placed on actively using the language.
- You will train in an active and highly-motivated group with on average a maximum of 16 participants.
- Your lessons will be practical and based on key intercultural aspects of communication.
- We have integrated customised learning and training phases in the course programme. In these phases, our experienced teachers support your learning process continuously.
- Our extensively equipped media resource centres also provide you with a large selection of additional exercise options for self-directed learning.
- The attractive cultural and leisure programme also allows you to practise your German outside lessons and to get to know Germany.
Sub-levels per evening course
According to the Common European Framework of Reference for languagesAccording to the Common European Framework of Reference for languages
The number of lessons that are usually required to reach a certain level and take the corresponding Goethe certificate are based on experience. Individual aspects such as language learning experience and native language also play an important role. We will grade you before the start of the course in order to ensure optimal learning success.
FAQ – Frequently asked questions
Book German in the evening here.
Unlike the German in the evening courses, the intensive courses take place every day from Monday to Friday. Each course comprises a total of 80 lessons (one lesson = 45 minutes) spread over approx. 16 course days. That means you learn German for approx. 3 weeks and have on average 5 lessons per course day.The German in the evening courses, on the other hand, each have a total of 72 lessons (one lesson = 45 minutes) and last for approx. 10 to 12 weeks. Lessons take place twice a week in the evening.
Book German in the evening here.
Book German in the morning or weekend here.