Language Course Scholarships
FOR CULTURAL MEDIATORS FROM FINLAND IN GERMANY
Are you cooperating with institutions in Germany or planning to expand your cultural network in Germany? Maybe you already have German-speaking cooperation partners and therefore you want to improve your German language skills?
The Goethe-Institut Finnland offers yearly 1-2 scholarships for German courses (max. 2 weeks) at Goethe-Institutes in Germany for cultural actors and professionals working in Finland. If you already have some German skills and work in the field of culture, as a producer, artist, or curator, this could be for you.
While you work on your German in a half-day group language course, you will also have enough time to meet colleagues from the German cultural field and to get a taste of the local scene. In the last years, all sorts of follow-up projects and transnational cooperations have developed
THE SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDES
- a max. 2-week German intensive course of the Goethe-Institut
- accommodation organised by the Goethe-Institut
- max. 200 € support for travel expenses
- Your application should contain:
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page) in German in which you report on your work, your specific interest in the exchange with the German scene, knowledge of German and possible former stays in Germany.
- Curriculum Vitae in Finnish, English, Swedish or German with information about yourself and a contact address
- Choose two alternative courses from the ones offered by the Goethe-Institut at one or two of your favourite places (Level A2 - C2, please note: no beginner courses). Suitable courses are e.g. "Intensive German" or "Intensive German+Culture" Intensive German courses in Germany
Before the final course selection, an online language test will be taken.
Please send your application with the header „Kulturmittlerstipendium 2024“ at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline October 23, 2023. We will inform all the applicants during the week 49.