Ideal if you'd like to ...
- take a German exam for children and young people between 10 and 16 years of age
- demonstrate that you have a very basic knowledge of German
- prove that you have successfully reached level A1
- be issued with an official and internationally recognized certificate
The Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1 is a German exam for children and young people between 10 and 16 years of age. It certifies that candidates have acquired very basic language skills and corresponds to the first level (A1) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Passing the exam demonstrates that you can ...
- ask and reply to simple questions as well as make and respond to requests,
- write about yourself and others using simple expressions and sentences,
- understand conversations and texts about familiar topics.
*) The cheaper price displayed applies if you have already participated in a German language course at the Goethe Institute in the past six months. The six months refer to the period between when the language course ended and the date of the German language exam. In this case, the price will change automatically during the booking procedure. If not, please contact the course office.
Accessible and interactive sample papers and practice exercises to help you prepare online are available here.
What do we test in Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1? What else is important?