Follow us on Facebook to get updated on our latest events and promotions.
Call us at +880 9638-039999; SUN-THU 10am-1pm
Contact our partner DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) at +880 1886025586 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. General Course Information
1.1 All Standard Courses are intended for participants aged 15 and over unless otherwise stated.
1.2 All Standard Courses have a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 22 participants.
1.3 Participants with a minimum attendance of 70% are entitled to a certificate of attendance.
2. Course Registration
2.1 Enrolment for all standard courses is on a first come, first served basis via our website.
2.2 The information provided during the registration process must be accurate. The details will be used on all official documents and communications from Goethe-Institut Bangladesh. There is a fee for correcting your personal data, see 5.1.
2.3 Students with previous knowledge of German who wish to join an A1.2/ A2 or higher level course and students who hold a corresponding Goethe examination older than six months (180 days) at the start of the course must take a placement test before enrolling. Placement is based on the results of the placement test. The placement test can be booked online. There is a fee of BDT 1,000 which will be deducted from the course fee if the student enrols in the recommended class.
3. Progressing to the next level 3.1 To progress to the next course level, students must pass the final examination (Goethe Certificate) offered by the Goethe-Institut Bangladesh at the end of the course.
4. Course Fees and Payment 4.1 All course fees are listed on our website www.goethe.de/bangladesh. Unless otherwise stated in the course description, course books must be purchased separately.
4.2 The course fees are due immediately after online registration. The fees must be paid in cash at a branch of the Commercial Bank of Ceylon in Bangladesh. Failure to pay the fee in full within the notified deadline will result in the student forfeiting his/her right to sit for the examination.
5. Change of Course Registration, Cancellation and Refunds
5.2 A processing fee of BDT 500 will be charged for correcting personal details after registration.
5.3 In the event of cancellation, the following administrative charges will apply:
a) 10 days prior to the start of the course: BDT 5,000. b) 9 days or less before the start of the course: 100% of the course fee (no refund will be given).
5.4 Placement test fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
5.5 Students who register for a course during the pre-registration period but fail to pass the exam at the end of the course period will receive a full refund of their course fees, unless they choose to repeat the course in the following course period.
5.6 If there are insufficient enrolments on the starting date, Goethe-Institut Bangladesh reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course. In this case, participants will be offered the option of transferring to another course or receiving a full refund.
5.7 Refunds will be made within 30 days of receipt of the written cancellation request.
6. Exam Registration 6.1 For identification purposes, candidates must be in possession of a valid original passport or Bangladesh Smart Card. Failure to produce neither of the two original documents on the examination day will result in denial of admission to the examination.
6.2 Registration for exams is on a first-come, first-served basis via our website. Exceptions are the end-of-course exams in March, June, September and December, which are first offered to internal students during a pre-registration period before being opened to the public.
6.3 The information provided during the registration process must be accurate. The details will be used on all official documents and communications from the Goethe-Institut Bangladesh. There is a fee for correcting your personal details after registration and for issuing a replacement certificate, see 8.2.
7.2 Students who take their respective exams at any time within 6 months (180 days) of the end of their course are considered internal students and receive a discount on the exam fee as stated on our website www.goethe.de/bangladesh.
7.3 The examination fees are due immediately after online registration. The fees must be paid in cash at a branch of the Commercial Bank of Ceylon in Bangladesh. Failure to pay the fee in full within the notified deadline will result in the student forfeiting his/her right to sit for the examination.
8. Change of Exam Registrations, Cancellation and Refunds 8.1 The examination fee is non-refundable.
8.2 A processing fee of BDT 500 will be charged for correcting personal details after registration, 1.000 BDT for issuing a replacement certificate. The Examination Guidelines of the Goethe-Institut apply. The Examination Guidelines of the Goethe-Institut can be found on the website www.goethe.de/bangladesh.
8.3 If a candidate is excluded from an examination (see section 11 of The Examination Guidelines of the Goethe-Institut), the examination fee will not be refunded.
8.4 Cancellations and change requests must be made in writing.
8.5 Refunds will be made within 30 days of receipt of the written cancellation request.
9. Participants' responsibilities 9.1 Bags and all items other than course materials must be placed in lockers before entering the premises. Students must keep the keys to the lockers for themselves and return them to the guards when leaving the Institute's premises.
9.2 Students will be issued a student card on the first day of their course, which they must show when entering the building and must retain in order to collect their certificates.
9.3 Certificates must be collected within 6 weeks of the publication of results.
10. Liability and Force Majeure 10.1 The liability of the Goethe-Institut and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. The Goethe-Institut shall not be liable for cancellation of its services due to force majeure (e.g. riots, acts of war or terrorism, natural disasters, epidemics, pandemics and all other circumstances beyond the control of the Goethe-Institut).
10.2 Should such extraordinary circumstances or events occur, or should there be a change in existing circumstances or events caused by factors beyond the control of the Goethe-Institut, the Institute reserves the right to make changes to the ongoing course structure (e.g. in terms of time, methodology or format). If circumstances do not allow for the above changes, the Goethe-Institut reserves the right to cancel the course without offering an alternative and without financial compensation.
10.3 In all course and exam venues, Students are required to keep their valuables, such as wallets and mobile phones, in a safe place and not to leave them unattended at any time. The Goethe-Institut accepts no liability for lost or stolen items or valuables.
11. Complaints 11.1 In case of complaints, please write to our Language Office at email@example.com.