We are characterised by diversity, inquisitiveness and openness. The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive and up-to-date picture of Germany and provide information on Germany’s cultural, social and political life.
Apply now for an Internship with the Communication and Library Department at the Goethe-Institut Bangladesh.
Duration: February 10th to May 10th, 2022
Application Deadline: 25 January
The Goethe-Institut offers a full- time internship with a monthly expense allowance for university students in at least their 3rd semester. The internship with the Communication and Library Department lasts at least 3 months (February 10th to May 10th, 2022).
Applicants with a background in communication, media or library and documentation studies and those who have mandatory internship programmes with their universities will be given priority.
1. We offer interns the chance to:
2. We expect from interns:
- Get an insight into the Goethe-Institut’s work in communication services
- Co-develop digital formats for project and events work
- Contribute to the development of our online portal www.goethe.de/dhaka
- Contribute to projects concerning promotion of translation, information sharing and networking
- Support the Institut’s social media activities
- Support and get to know the Institut’s press and public relations work
- Advise visitors and carry out research independently
- Support (intensively) to the project activities
3. Documents to be provided:
- Basic knowledge of information management or digital media and communication
- Creativity and conceptual participation
- Very good command of Bengali and English; optional: German
- Affinity to Social Media (Facebook, Instagram)
- Good knowledge of the multimedia media scene
- Willingness to complete routine tasks
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- An open and friendly manner
- Be available during the projects, physically or online.
- Be able to set up time schedules and present presentation with photo/illustration/powerpoint
- Operate video conference management online (via ZOOM / Skype / Adobe Connect)
4. Application process:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of maximum two A4 pages with one recent passport size photograph (in English)
- A motivational letter of maximum one A4 page for the position (in English)
- University certificate of your bachelor degree
- Proof of earlier experience certificate relevant for this position
Soft-copy applications only containing the above-mentioned documents should be submitted with the subject line “Application: Internship - Information & Library – [Name]” to email@example.com
by 25 January 2022. Later applications will not be considered.
The Goethe-Institut attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability.