Children’s and young adult writer reads at schools in Quebec, Saskatchewan and Ontario
The Goethe-Institut has invited writer Beate Dölling to go on a reading tour through Canada. The author of books for children and young adults is well known for her popular children’s book “Kaninchen bringen Glück” (trans. “Bunnies bring good luck”) and the young adult’s novel “Hör auf zu trommeln, Herz” (trans. “Stop pounding, heart”), for which she won the ver.di Literature Prize Berlin Brandenburg in 2007. According to dtv publishing, Dölling is “a good observer of the modern world of children and teens”. Her ability to understand the world of today’s youth has earned her various awards for her books, and her multi-faceted literary works appeal to their broad target groups of children and teens.
In the course of this reading tour, the Goethe-Institut will bring Beate Dölling to schools in three provinces: The author will read in Montréal, Saskatoon, and Toronto. Additionally, Dölling will be holding writing workshops at some of the schools she visits.
Find below Beate Dölling’s reading tour schedule:
- April 7, 6pm: Reading for adults at the Goethe-Institut Montreal (not open for general public, APAQ Conference participants only)
- April 8, 2pm : Reading for children at the Goethe-Institut Montreal (open for general public, children aged 3-6)
- April 8, 3.30pm: Workshop "Creative Writing" for teachers at the Goethe-Institut Montreal (not open for general public, APAQ Conference participants only)
- April 9: Reading at the Alexander von Humboldt Schule (not open for general public)
- April 11, 6.30pm: Reading for children and adults at the Saskatoon Public Library, Round Prairie Branch (open for general public)
- April 12, 8.00pm: Reading for adult students at the German Language School Saskatoon (not open for general public)
- April 18: Reading for children at the German International School Toronto (grades 1-2 from 11.00am-12.00pm and grades 3-4 from 12.00pm-1.00pm), there are a few spots left for the general public, please register via email to email@example.com)