German for teens
Ages: 12–15 years
Courses at levels A2 to C1
Opportunity to take an exam A1–B1
Benediktbeuern is situated in the foothills of the Bavarian Alps. It is surrounded by lakes and beautiful scenery offering unlimited opportunities for hikes and excursions.
The training center in the Benediktbeuern Abbey is geared to the needs of young learners. Lessons are held in the same building. For leisure activities, the center offers foosball, billiards, an indoor climbing wall and workshops. Next door to the building we use a basketball and volleyball court as well as spacious fields for other sports.
Together we go on outings to nearby outdoor pools and organize such activities as nature trips in the spectacular Alpine scenery. Benediktbeuern is also the starting point for daytrips to Munich with its many sights, museums and excellent shopping.
- 3 weeks, 15 days of lessons
- intensive course from Monday to Friday
- 90 UI* in total, 30 UI per week
- maximum class size: 16
- placement test
- participation certificate
- Opportunity to take an exam A1–B1
- two-bed and three-bed rooms
- full board
- Professional supervision
- teaching materials
- sports, culture and leisure-time program**
- four excursions, e.g. Munich, Innsbruck
- health/accident insurance
- Transfer to/from Munich Airport included
- Internet access
- Tour operator liability according to German Civil Code §651r BGB
** We do not offer activities posing increased risks to individuals or groups or involving potential liability risks for the Goethe-Institut or participants.
|Cost||€ 3,695 all-inclusive|
A transfer will be offered between Munich airport (MUC) and Benediktbeuern from 7 am to 6 pm on the official day of arrival and departure (waits may occur).
On the arrival day our staff will meet the teenagers at the exit from the transit area in the arrivals hall of the airport.
They will be carrying a Goethe-Institut sign and also have an official letter as identification. For organisational reasons we regret that we are unable to provide you with the name of this member of our staff earlier than 3 days in advance of the course.
On the day of departure we will accompany the children to the check in desk.
- Please inform us of the arrival and departure time and flight numbers after having booked the flight.
- If you book a flight that arrives or departs Munich airport before 7 am or after 6 pm, you will be charged a single transfer fee of around 160 €. This transfer will be organized by taxi.
From main station Munich// change at Tutzing// to train station Benediktbeuern // from there it is approx. 600 m to the training center No transfer available from the railway station to the school.
- Motorway A95 München-Garmisch, exit "Sindelsdorf", continuing along the B472 to Bichl
- Coming from Schongau, Weilheim and Bad Tölz: take B472 to Bichl, then 2 km direction: Kochel
If you are not able to arrive or depart on the scheduled dates, please plan to arrive on the day after the course starts and leave on the day before the end of the course. Our staff cannot offer transfers or guarantee that you will be looked after before or after the course. There is also no catering available in the boarding school during this time.
Please direct all of your questions and messages to the Goethe Institute's head office before the course starts:
Phone: +49 89 15921-800
Address and telephone numbers during the course
Course office Benediktbeuern
Phone and E-mail: will be communicated on Friday before the course starts.
Young learners course blog