With the educational project ICH SO DU SO, we embark on a journey of discovery: In search of what makes us special, we discover that we actually have more in common than what makes us different.
The educational project takes place in the region of Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand. It aims to raise awareness and celebrate diversity in all its varieties among students in the region and beyond.
Students will have the opportunity to choose from a range of workshops and express their ideas of normality and difference through creating their own animated films, texts, photographs, comics, movies and shadow puppets.
The project is based on an existing non-fictional book by the artists' community Labor Ateliergemeinschaft. The book "Ich so du so - Alles super normal" features comics, many contributions from children, pictures and funny texts, all of which encourage us to look at ourselves in a new and different way.
"And they give you courage to be who you are and to let others be who they are - just normal and very special."
But what is normal? The nonfiction book “Ich so du so” comes with a Normal-O-Meter that helps measure our normalcy most precisely. Am I extremely normal? Extremely abnormal? Or rather moderately abnormal?
|DATE||ICH SO DU SO ACTIVITIES|
|21 April 2022||ICH SO DU SO Kick-Off|
|23 April 2022||Creative Workshop Online I|
|30 April 2022||Creative Workshop Online II|
|07 May 2022||Cretive Workshop Online III|
|14 May 2022||Creative Workshop Online IV|
|21 May 2022||ICH SO DU SO Day|
Would you like to read more about the topic diversity?
Enjoy our book recommendations:
- Alle haben einen Po by Anna Fiske, 978-3446264304
- Alles Familie! Vom Kind der neuen Freundin vom Bruder von Papas früherer Frau und anderen Verwandten by Alexandra Maxeiner, 978-3941411296
- Alle behindert! 25 spannende und bekannte Beeinträchtigungen in Wort und Bild by Horst Klein, 978-3-95470-217-6
- Nasengruß und Wangenkuss – So macht man Dinge anderswo by Anne Kostrzewa 978-3737354837
- Wie siehst du denn aus? Warum es normal nicht gibt by Sonja Eismann 978-3407755643
- Menschen: Der Kinderbuch-Klassiker zum Thema Toleranz und Vielfalt by Peter Spier, 978-3522437318
- 100 Kinder by Christoph Drösser, 978-3522305372
- supercool. Eine Grundschulgeschichte by Tanja Esch, 978-3943417821
- AnyBody: Dick & dünn & Haut & Haar: das große ABC von unserem Körper-Zuhause von Katharina von der Gathen, 978-3954702466
Labor Ateliergemeinschaft is a studio collective of six graphic designers, illustrators and authors in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Natascha Vlahovic, Jörg Mühle, Philip Waechter, Anke Kuhl, Zuni and Kirsten von Zubinski.
They have been working in this set-up for a number of years – either individually or as a group – on a broad range of projects: children’s books, illustrations for newspapers and magazines, book covers and design, book readings, workshops, exhibitions and self-initiated works.
German as a Foreign Language Promotion/German language education collaboration
Tel.: +66 2108 8222
Fax: +66 2108 8299