Contact and Enrolment
Registration: March 19 - March 29, 2018
Prolonged openings hours during the registration March 26 - March 29, 2018
Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Spring session: April 3 - June 21, 2018
You can register in person or by e-mail. You can also pay online with PayPal. Simply choose your German course
and then click on the PayPal button. If you are using this payment option, it will automatically register you to the course.
- Spring session 2018: April 3 to June 21, 2018
- Registration: March 19 to 29, 2018
|Course type||Fee per semester|
|A1-C1 (48 units each)||500 $|
|A1-C1 / Saturday (48 units each)||510 $|
|A1-Accelarated course (36 units each)||600 $|
|Special courses (30 units)||330 $|
|Grammar and conversation courses (12 units)||150 $|
|Young Learners Courses (36 units each)||390 $|
The cost of the textbooks is not included in the course fee.
Students and Saint-Paul University employees receive a 30% discount on all courses.
- from the beginning of January to the beginning of April (Winter semester, 12 weeks)
- from the beginning of April to the end of June to (Spring semester, 12 weeks)
- from the beginning of July to the end of July (4 weeks)
- from mid September to mid December (Fall semester, 12 weeks)
- Winter Session: January 8 – March 30, 2018
- Spring Session: April 3 – June 21, 2018
- Summer Session: July 3 - 26, 2018
- Fall Session September: 17 – December 8, 2018
- February 19: Family Day
- March 30: Good Friday
- April 2: Easter Monday
- May 21: Victoria Day
- July 2: Canada Day
- To be determined: summer closure.
- September 3: Labour Day
- October 3: German Unity Day
- October 8: Thanksgiving
- December 22 2018 to January 2 2019 inclusively: Holiday closure
- Credit card (VISA, Mastercard)
Duration: approx. 1/2 hour
Course participants must be at least 16 years of age or older, except for the courses for teens.
2. Terms of Payment
2.1. The course fee is payable in full upon enrollment. Payment can be made in cash, by personal cheque, credit card (Visa/MC), Interac (only in Montréal), money order (only in Toronto) or with PayPal.
2.2. A place in a course is only guaranteed if payment has been received by the due date.
3. Course Fees
3.1 The contractually binding fee is the fee stated in the brochure and on the website of the Goethe-Institut valid at the time of application.
4. Cancellation and Refunds
4.1 Should a course be cancelled by the Goethe-Institut, course participants have the right to be reimbursed.
4.2 If the course participant is unable to take part in a course:
the following conditions apply in Montreal and Ottawa:
- If students withdraw from a course and notify the Goethe-Institut Montreal in writing before the beginning of the second class, an administration fee of 20% of the total tuition fees will be charged.
- In all other cases, fees are not refundable.
- Cancellation up to 3 days before the course starts: full refund of the paid course fee minus an administration fee of 30 CAD.
- Cancellation after the first lesson: refund of paid course fee less an administration fee of 60 CAD.
- With cancellation after the second lesson, there will be no refund given.
- In case of withdrawal due to personal reasons after the course is in progress no voucher for a later course will be issued.
5.1. Placement in course levels is based on the placement test conducted by the Goethe-Institut.
5.2. Except for individual and small group classes, all other courses have at most 16 participants. Should a minimum course registration of 10 participants not be met, the Goethe-Institut reserves the right to cancel a course.
6. Obligations of the Participants
Course participants are obliged to follow the course and house rules.
7. Liability of the Goethe-Institut / Unforseeable Natural Events
The liability of the Goethe-Institut and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. The Goethe-Institut also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its services due to unforseeable natural events.