Contact and Enrolment
Registration period December 11 - 20, 2017 and January 3 - 5, 2018
Monday - Thursday: 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Prolonged opening hours during the registration January 3 - 5, 2018:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
You can register in person or by e-mail. You can also pay online with PayPal. Simply choose your German course
and then click on the PayPal button. If you are using this payment option, it will automatically register you to the course.
- Winter semester: January 9 - March 29, 2018
- Registration: December 11 - 20, 2017 and January 3 - 5, 2018
- Placement: December 11 - 20, 2017 and January 3 - 5, 2018
|Course type||Fee per semester|
|A1-C1 (48 units each)||500 $|
|A1-C1 / Saturday (48 units each)||510 $|
|A1-Accelarated course (36 units each)||600 $|
|Special courses (30 units)||330 $|
|Grammar and conversation courses (12 units)||150 $|
|Young Learners Courses (36 units each)||390 $|
The cost of the textbooks is not included in the course fee.
Students and Saint-Paul University employees receive a 30% discount on all courses.
- from the beginning of January to the beginning of April (Winter semester, 12 weeks)
- from the beginning of April to the end of June to (Spring semester, 12 weeks)
- from the beginning of July to the end of July (4 weeks)
- from mid September to mid December (Fall semester, 12 weeks)
Course Dates 2017/2018
- Winter Session January 9 – April 1, 2017
- Spring Session April 3 – June 23, 2017
- Summer Session July 3 - 27, 2017
- Fall Session September 18 – December 9, 2017
- Winter Session January 8 - March 29, 2018
Holidays 2017 (no classes):
- February 20: Family Day
- April 14: Good Friday
- April 17: Easter Monday
- May 22: Victoria Day
- July 1: Canada Day
- September 4: Labour Day
- October 3: German Unity Day
- October 9: Thanksgiving
- December 21 2017 to January 1 2018 inclusively: Holiday closure
- Credit card (VISA, Mastercard)
Duration: approx. 1/2 hour
Course participants must be at least 16 years of age or older, except for the courses for teens.
2. Terms of Payment
2.1. The course fee is payable in full upon enrollment. Payment can be made in cash, by personal cheque, credit card (Visa/MC), Interac (only in Montréal), money order (only in Toronto) or with PayPal.
2.2. A place in a course is only guaranteed if payment has been received by the due date.
3. Course Fees
3.1 The contractually binding fee is the fee stated in the brochure and on the website of the Goethe-Institut valid at the time of application.
4. Cancellation and Refunds
4.1 Should a course be cancelled by the Goethe-Institut, course participants have the right to be reimbursed.
4.2 If the course participant is unable to take part in a course:
the following conditions apply in Montreal and Ottawa:
- If students withdraw from a course and notify the Goethe-Institut Montreal in writing before the beginning of the second class, an administration fee of 20% of the total tuition fees will be charged.
- In all other cases, fees are not refundable.
- Cancellation up to 3 days before the course starts: full refund of the paid course fee minus an administration fee of 30 CAD.
- Cancellation after the first lesson: refund of paid course fee less an administration fee of 60 CAD.
- With cancellation after the second lesson, there will be no refund given.
- In case of withdrawal due to personal reasons after the course is in progress no voucher for a later course will be issued.
5.1. Placement in course levels is based on the placement test conducted by the Goethe-Institut.
5.2. Except for individual and small group classes, all other courses have at most 16 participants. Should a minimum course registration of 10 participants not be met, the Goethe-Institut reserves the right to cancel a course.
6. Obligations of the Participants
Course participants are obliged to follow the course and house rules.
7. Liability of the Goethe-Institut / Unforseeable Natural Events
The liability of the Goethe-Institut and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. The Goethe-Institut also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its services due to unforseeable natural events.