Contact and Enrolment
If you already have some knowledge of German, please write us an e-mail in order to write a placement test: email@example.com
If you already know your level or you are a beginner (A1.1), you can register in person or online and pay with PayPal during the registration period. Simply choose your German course
and then proceed to the payment via PayPal (you don't need an account, only your credit card information). You will first get the payment confirmation from PayPal and we will contact you before the beginning of the course.
Thank you for your understanding! We hope that we can welcome you at the Goethe-Institut again very soon.
|Course type||Fee per semester|
|Blended Learning||490 $|
|Blended Learning super intensive (whole level A1-A2, half level B1-C1)||1300 $|
|Online course (partial level A1-A2)||460 $|
|Online course (partial level B1-C1)||590 $|
|Online course (whole level A1-A2, half level B1-C1)||990 $|
|Online course individual (whole level A1-A2, half level B1-C1)||1200 $|
|Special courses (20 teaching units)||340 $|
Students of Saint Paul University and Saint-Paul University employees receive a 30% discount on all courses.
- from January to March (Winter semester, 10 weeks)
- from April to the end of June to (Spring semester, 10 weeks)
- from July to August (Summer semester, 10 weeks)
- from mid September to end of November (Fall semester, 10 weeks)
- Summer Session: June 28 to September 5, 2021
- Fall Session: September 13 to November 21, 2021
- Winter Session: January 24 - April 03, 2022
- Good Friday: April 2, 2021
- Easter Monday: April 5, 2021
- Canada Day: July 1, 2021
- Labor Day: September 6, 2021
- Christmas Holiday 2021: December 24, 2021 to January 3, 2022
- Credit card (VISA, Mastercard)
Duration: approx. 1 1/2 hours
Course participants must be at least 16 years of age or older, except for the courses for teens.
2. Terms of Payment
2.1. The course fee is payable in full upon enrollment. Payment can be made in cash, by personal cheque, credit card (Visa/MC), Interac (only in Montréal), money order (only in Toronto) or with PayPal.
2.2. A place in a course is only guaranteed if payment has been received by the due date.
3. Course Fees
3.1 The contractually binding fee is the fee stated in the brochure and on the website of the Goethe-Institut valid at the time of application.
4. Cancellation and Refunds
4.1 Should a course be cancelled by the Goethe-Institut, course participants have the right to be reimbursed.
4.2 If the course participant is unable to take part in a course:
the following conditions apply in Montreal and Ottawa:
- If students withdraw from a course and notify the Goethe-Institut Montreal in writing before the beginning of the second class, an administration fee of 20% of the total tuition fees will be charged.
- In all other cases, fees are not refundable.
- Cancellation up to 3 days before the course starts: full refund of the paid course fee minus an administration fee of 30 CAD.
- Cancellation after the first lesson: refund of paid course fee less an administration fee of 60 CAD.
- With cancellation after the second lesson, there will be no refund given.
- In case of withdrawal due to personal reasons after the course is in progress no voucher for a later course will be issued.
5.1. Placement in course levels is based on the placement test conducted by the Goethe-Institut.
5.2. Except for individual and small group classes, all other courses have at most 16 participants. Should a minimum course registration of 10 participants not be met, the Goethe-Institut reserves the right to cancel a course.
6. Obligations of the Participants
Course participants are obliged to follow the course and house rules.
7. Liability of the Goethe-Institut / Unforseeable Natural Events
The liability of the Goethe-Institut and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. The Goethe-Institut also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its services due to unforseeable natural events.