German for youths
Age group: 14–17 years
Aachen, once the residence of Charlemagne, has a rich history dating back 2,000 years. It is situated near Germany‘s borders with Belgium and the Netherlands, 70 kilometers to the west of Cologne. A visit to the historical city center and its world-famous sights is like a trip to the Middle Ages. The international student neighborhood, with its many bistros, galleries, flea markets and shops, is a paradise for the young.
The youth hostel, the Euregionale Jugendgästehaus, is a meeting point for young people from all over Europe. It has modern facilities, its own bistro and a terrace for sunbathing. We use the spacious grounds to relax and enjoy outdoor activities. Swimming enthusiasts always enjoy the beautiful outdoor pool nearby. As a group we will undertake daytrips and excursions to Cologne and the scenic Rhine valley.
* not included in the price
- German lessons incl. study materials
- 24 teaching units (TUs) per week, (total of 72 TUs)
- Placement test at the start of the course
- Participation certificate
- Optional examination
- Accommodation in three-bed rooms
- Full board
- Round-the-clock supervision
- Sports, cultural, and leisure-time activities
- 2 excursions, e.g. Cologne, Eifel National Park
- Health and accident insurance
- Transfer to/from Düsseldorf Airport included
|Date||05.06. – 25.06.2016|
|Course price||€ 2,530 all-inclusive|
A transfer will be offered between Düsseldorf airport (DUS) and Aachen from 7 am to 6 pm on the official arrival and departure day (waits may occur).
On the arrival day our staff will meet the teenagers at the exit from the transit area in the arrivals hall of the airport.
They will be carrying a Goethe-Institut sign and also have an official letter as identification. For organizational reasons we regret that we are unable to provide you with the name of this member of our staff earlier than 3 days in advance of the course.
On the day of departure we will accompany the children to the check in desk.
- Please inform us of the arrival and departure time and flight numbers after having booked the flight.
- If you book a flight that arrives or departs Düsseldorf airport before 7 am or after 6 pm, you will be charged a single transfer fee of around 190 €. This transfer will be organized by taxi.
From Aachen Central Station, turn left and walk approx. 200 m to the “Misereor (Finanzamt)” bus stop (opposite WDR Aachen). Here board the No. 2 bus (towards Preuswald) and get off at the “Ronheide” bus stop. We do not offer a transfer from the train station to the youth hostel.
Coming from Germany:
- Take the A4 / E40 highway (from the Cologne direction) or, if you’re coming from Mönchengladbach, the A44 highway until you reach the Aachen intersection.
- Take the A 44 signposted towards “Lüttich” (Liège).
- Leave the highway at the “Aachen Lichtenbusch” exit (last exit before the Belgian border)
- Turn right towards “Zentrum” (city centre), drive past the yellow city signpost, and at the first set of traffic lights turn left into the Siegelallee (signposted: “Euregionales Jugendgästehaus Aachen”)
- After the railway bridge turn right into the Maria-Theresia-Allee.
If you are not able to arrive or depart on the scheduled dates, please plan to arrive on the day after the course starts and leave on the day before the end of the course. Our staff cannot offer transfers or guarantee that you will be looked after before or after the course. There is also no catering available in the boarding school during this time.
Please direct all of your questions and messages to the Goethe Institute's head office before the course starts:
Phone: +49 89 15921-800
Address and telephone numbers during the course
Phone and E-Mail: will be communicated on Friday before the course starts.
Young learners course blog