Job Announcement: Assistant/Secretary for the Director of the Goethe-Institut Myanmar
The Goethe-Institut Myanmar is looking for an Assistant for the Director (start in August 2019 or later) and for participation in the organisational and cultural work (20 working hours per week, part-time).
The following qualifications are expected:
- University degree
- Language skills: Burmese (mother tongue), very good English and German skills (oral and written)
- Organisational skills
- Teamwork, collegiality and very good communication skills, ability to integrate in institutional kind of work
- Supervision of the director´s time schedule
- Correspondence, answering inquiries
- Preparation of the director`s business trips (flight bookings, visas, working documents etc.) as well as their billing
- Participation in the organisation and implementation of cultural events (hotel and flight bookings)
- Preparation and booking of conference venues (conferences, workshops, catering etc.) as well as invitations from the director
- Maintenance of the address file of the cultural department (Address Plus)
- Minutes of staff meetings
- Contact with German Embassy, ministries, authorities in Myanmar
Job Announcement PROGRAM Manager/COORDINATOR, Culture Department at the Goethe-Institut Myanmar
The Goethe-Institut Myanmar is looking for a program coordinator (full-time, 40hrs per week) for the cultural department (start in October 2019 or later).
The following qualifications are expected:
- University degree
- Extensive experience cultural work in Myanmar, knowledge of the scenes and contacts
- Organizational skills and experience in this area
- Interdisciplinary work in all cultural sectors
- Language skills: Burmese (mother tongue), very good English skills (oral and written), German skills desirable and ideally at high level
- High resilience, curiosity, openess
- Teamwork, collegiality, ability to integrate in institutional kind of work
- Very high communication skills, conceptual thinking
- Planning, preparation and execution of program events in all areas (art, theatre, music, literature, films, conferences etc.). Participation in their conception, planning and implementation. Working in team: Defining topics, conceptualizing project formats, identification of partners, contacting partners in Yangon and Myanmar as well as worldwide and especially in Germany. Organization of programs, budget planning and controlling internally at the Goethe-Institut and with the project partners. Relay function between German, local and international partners, two-way communication as well as correspondence. Collaboration with other Goethe-Institutes. Participation in the annual planning and reporting. Participation in logistics for events, travel planning, guests etc.
- Practical implementation of the event – from information materials to guest mentoring in all program sectors. Preparation and controlling of the technical and organizational handling of events at the Goethe-Institut in Yangon. Regular contact and networking with partners.
- Cultural Liaison: providing information to partners in Myanmar as well in Germany and other international cultural institutions
- Budget planning, cost calculations (cost estimates if required), budget monitoring, billing with the administration
- Continous observation of cultural life in Myanmar (Focus Yangon) and in Germany. Writing of event texts, design of program announcements, press work, control of printing materials (e.g. invitations, press texts, posters, brochures, program publications (analogue and digital), documentation of media reports (archive)
- Contribution to the content of the Goethe-Institut website and social media
- Supervision of the interns, trainees
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and a motivation letter until July 20, 2019 to Ms. Aung Hnin Yu, Goethe-Institut: Hnin-Yu.Aung@goethe.de
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS AT THE GOETHE-INSTITUT MYANMAR
Qualification as a teacher of German as a foreign language
NO German skills required for application – an intensive German Language Training for 1 year is part of the Qualification Program
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive image of Germany by providing information about cultural, social and political life in our nation. Our cultural and educational programmes encourage intercultural dialogue and enable cultural involvement. They strengthen the development of structures in civil society and foster worldwide mobility.
In order to expand its offer of the language courses the Goethe-Institute Myanmar is currently looking for university graduates who are interested in qualifying as teachers of German as a foreign language.
To this end, the Goethe-Institut in Yangon is offering a qualification program that starts in September 2019: The Green Diploma (das Grüne Diplom) is the worldwide standardized qualification for teachers of German as a foreign language at Goethe-Institutes abroad.
The aim of the qualification program
The aim is to obtain a teaching qualification at the Goethe-Institut.
The required German Language Skills (up to level C2) as well as the appropriate competencies are acquired during the qualification.
The Goethe-Institut will bear the costs if you agree to work as a teacher at the Goethe-Institut Myanmar for at least two years after obtaining the Green Diploma.
Start and duration of the program
The program starts in September 2019 and lasts about 2.5 years. After about 18 months you can start giving German classes by yourself that will be paid.
- Academic degree
- Interest and willingness to work as a teacher at the Goethe-Institut Myanmar in the long term after the qualification program
- Willingness to work at the weekends or in the evenings
- Competent handling of digital media and mobile devices
Please send your application (digital form only) including CV, copies of certificates and a letter of motivation (in English) by e-mail to Ms. Petra Kühl, the representative for educational cooperation:
Application deadline is Thursday, June 20, 2019