Dates and Enrolment
All examination dates are canceled by order of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) until further notice. We do not except enrollment until further notice.
Please note that the Goethe-Institut conducts all exams in person. Fully digital, location-independent exams are unfortunately not yet possible.
The provinces are responsible for the pandemic control regulations in Thailand. For Bangkok, the BMA has ordered the institute to be closed until further notice.
|Language course office opening hours|
|08.00 a.m. – 16.00 p.m.
|Tuesday and Wednesday||08.00 a.m. – 18.00 p.m.|
|Friday and Saturday||08.00 a.m. – 01.00 p.m.|
Please note: The course office is closed onpublic holidays and other office closing hours which apply to the Goethe-Institut in Bangkok.
|Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1
Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch 1
|4,000 THB||2,900 THB|
Goethe-Zertifikat A2: Fit in Deutsch
|4,800 THB||3,300 THB|
|Goethe-Zertifikat B1||7,900 THB||5,500 THB|
|Goethe-Zertifikat B2||9,500 THB||7,900 THB|
|Goethe-Zertifikat C1||12,100 THB||10,000 THB|
|Goethe-Zertifikat C2: GDS||14,500 THB||12,100 THB|
|TestDaf||145 €||145 €|
|TestAS||auf Anfrage||auf Anfrage|
|onSET||1,200 THB||1,200 THB|
|Goethe-Test PRO||3,800 THB||3,800 THB|
* The internal fee is for participants who are enrolled in a class while registering for an examination or finished the class already not longer than a week earlier.
*with a valid school/study certificate or valid Student ID Card from an educational institution in Thailand and Laos
|Language Course Office opening hours|
|08.00 a.m. – 06.00 p.m.
|Friday and Saturday||08.00 a.m. – 01.00 p.m.|
- The fastest and easiest way is via PromptPay or with cash payment during the opening hours of the course office. This way you have secured your place! Please note our hygiene and distancing rules when coming to Goethe-Institut.
- If you do not want to come to the Goethe-Institut you will receive a booking confirmation via email after booking. Please pay the course or exam fee online within 24 hours and send the transfer receipt and your full name (or the full name of the course participant) via email to email@example.com so that we can assign your payment. If the fee has not been paid or if we cannot assign your payment, we reserve the right to give the place to other people.
We kindly request the following documents and information for rapid processing of your case:
- First name
- Last name
- contact details (address, email, phone number)
- Passport copy (photo / PDF)
Thereafter no further changes or cancellations may be made and no fees will be refunded.
For more details, please see point 5 of our Terms and Conditions.
Please arrive at the examination centre in good time. The exam will begin punctually!
Please note: If you arrive late, you will not be allowed to take part in the exam and no payments can be refunded.
Proof of identity
On the day of the exam you are required to show proof of identity. Please bring the passport or ID document that you used for enrolment
- All answers to be written in ink using a blue or black ballpoint pen. Candidates must use the pens that are provided.
- All answers are to be written on the answer sheet provided. Highlighter and colored pens must not be used on the answer sheet.
- The use of liquid paper or “white-out” is not allowed.
- Personnel materials such as passports, dictionaries, mobile phones and memo papers are not allowed on chairs or tables inside the examination room.
- Technical resources such as mobile telephones, mini computers or similar devices, which have the capacity to save or retrieve information, are permitted neither in the preparation room nor in the exam room.
- Every candidate must sit at a separate table and must not communicate with any other candidate in any way during the examination.
- The candidate’s book may be marked.
- All materials will be collected by the examiner after the examination. No notes or other materials may be brought into, or taken out off the examination room. Please note that the conduct of the exam will be very strictly supervised.
- The oral examination will follow the written examination. Details of scheduling will be posted on the Notice Board.
- During the examination restrooms can only be visited in exceptional cases and the student must be accompanied by the Proctor
- No student may leave the examination before the end of the exam.
- Any candidate who disturbs the smooth conduct of the examination shall be removed from the examination room and will be deemed to have failed the exam.
- Please present your original passport or personal ID on entering the examination room. Copies are not acceptable, nor is a drivers license acceptable.
- Candidates who fail to arrive on time for passport inspection will be excluded from the exam.
First contact your college or university to enquire if it permits your exam to be taken abroad. Following that, please contact us by e-mail (Gerald.Kusche@goethe.de) informing us of your preferred examination date. You should do this at least four weeks before the examination is due to take place.
For organisational reasons, we can only offer you invigilation dates from Monday to Friday between the times of 8.30 -12.00 and 13.00 - 16.30.
We reserve the right to refuse an applicant’s selection date.
As soon as you have agreed with us on an examination date, please contact your examination office requesting them to send us confirmation of all data at least two weeks before the examination date. Please take into account the time difference between Germany and Thailand, which may imply a different starting time for the exam.
Also note any closing times at the Goethe-Institut in Bangkok. The documents must reach us at least five working days before the exam date.
Return of exam papers
On completion of the exam, the Goethe-Institut will send the papers back to the examination office. We reserve the right to send several exam papers together in one package. An advance notification will be sent to the Examinations Office via digital scan after the exam.
The invigilation fee must be paid in full at our language course office, one week before the examination date. This fee is non-refundable.
- 120, - EUR per examination and date, for a maximum of 2 hours examination time
- 200, - EUR per examination and date for a maximum of 3 to 4 hours examination time.
- 250, - EUR per examination and date for a maximum of 5 to 6 hours examination time.
- The fee is to be paid in cash in THB. Please refer to the euro conversion rate which we fix on a monthly basis. It is available for consultation in our language course office
Examination results can be collected at the course office and/or viewed on our website within 3 working days of the examination date. You need the first six digits of your member number to check your result.
When an examination is passed participants usually collect their certificates personally at our course office. Please identify yourself with your passport or ID-card.
Please note: We do not impart any information regarding examination results over the phone.
Exam result enquiries
Information concerning the examination results of adult participants will only be given to the exam participants themselves. They must fill out a form at the course office if they wish to authorize a third party to receive this information
Copy of certificate
If your certificate has been lost or damaged, we can provide you with a replacement. A fee will be charged for this service.
Confirmation of exam participation
If you do not pass the exam, we can issue you with written confirmation of examination participation.
1.1. Course participants must be at least 16 years of age. Examination candidates must be at least 10 years old.
2. Placement test
2.1. On registration, all new students with a previous knowledge of German are required to take a placement test. This ensures students are assigned to a course which corresponds to their level of proficiency. The placement test consists of a written part plus a short interview.
2.2. Participants who have acquired a Goethe-Institut certificate within the last 12 months or who have successfully completed a language course at the Goethe-Institut within the last 12 months are not required to take a placement test. In both cases, written confirmation must accompany their application.
3. Fees and Methods of Payment
3.1. On registration, all students are required to pay course, registration and administration fees including examination fees, where applicable. All payments must be made in cash and in Thai Baht at the time of registration.
3.2. Fees charged are those stipulated in the course brochures of the Goethe-Institut Thailand, valid at the time of registration. These fees do not include course books.
3.3. If payment fails to be completed 7 weekdays (Mon – Fri) prior to the first class meeting or examination, the student loses his right to participate and the Goethe-Institut is entitled to offer the place to another student.
3.4. In exceptional cases (contrary to the provisions of 3.1),when payment is made from outside Thailand, we can accept bank transfers made to our German bank account. In such cases, the course and exam fees are determined in euro by the Goethe-Institut. Information on the fees currently applicable and our bank account details can be solicited from our course office or via e-mail. All bank and postage charges related to payment of fees are borne by the remitter. The latter also applies to THB payment transfers made to our Thai bank account from within Thailand. On enquiry, the Goethe-Institut can provide information without guarantee on corresponding bank charges.
4. Change and Cancellation of Courses
4.1. A change of course is only possible within the first 5 weekdays (Mon – Fri) of the course following consultation with the course office.
4.2. If changing to a course with an increased number of teaching hours, the corresponding price difference is to be paid and will be calculated as from the date of the change. If changing to a course with fewer teaching hours, the corresponding excess payment will be reimbursed.
4.3. Participation in courses other than the one registered for, is not permitted under any circumstances.
4.4. In case of cancellation prior to course commencement, the course payment will be refunded minus a 500 THB cancellation fee. Registration and administration fees will not be refunded.
4.5. In the case of a cancellation after course commencement, course payment will not be refunded. Should a participant need to cancel due to illness and is able to justify cancellation with a medical certificate, the remaining course payment will be reimbursed or may, on request, be used as payment for another course.
4.6. Should the quorum of participants for any one course not be met, the Goethe-Institut reserves the right to cancel the course on short notice. All fees will be refunded to the registered participants.
5. Change or Cancellation of Examinations
5.1. Examination candidates have one opportunity to cancel an examination date free of charge, providing this is done 7 weekdays (Mon. - Fri.) or more before the examination date.
5.2. Any further changes, including changes made 4 to 6 weekdays (Mon. - Fri.) before the examination date, or cancellations made up to 4 weekdays (Mon. - Fri.) previous to the examination, are all subject to a charge of 500 THB.
5.3. Three weekdays (Mon. - Fri.) prior to the examination date, the exam may no longer be changed or cancelled and no fees can be refunded. Moreover the Goethe-Institut is entitled to full payment of all outstanding examination fees. The same applies if candidates fail to complete or turn up for the exam.
5.4. Examination candidates are required to present valid registration identification or a payment receipt when soliciting a change or cancellation. The cancellation fees are all subject to a charge of 500 THB.
6. Examination results
6.1. Examination results are available for consultation on our web page within 3 weekdays (Mon – Fri) of each examination date. Likewise, successful candidates may collect their certificates personally at the course office within 3 weekdays (Mon – Fri) of their exam. Due to data protection and privacy reasons we do not share information about exam result, learning progress etc. of our customers over the age of 18 with any third party.
7. Responsibilities of Participants
7.1. Participants are obliged to comply with the course, examination and house regulations of the Goethe-Institut Thailand. All information concerning both regulations and examination administration is available for consultation in the Language Course Office.
7.2. The Goethe-Institut Thailand reserves the right to terminate the contract with any participant who endeavors to disrupt lesson or exam procedures or disturb other class participants or the teacher. Prior to contract termination, adequate warning will be issued. Failure to comply within the time limit will result in contract termination. No payments will be refunded. Furthermore, should a participant take actions that are detrimental to business, the Goethe-Institut Thailand reserves the right to respond adequately.
7.3 Visitors to the institute are only obliged to enter the premises of the Goethe-Institut Thailand if they feel that they are healthy and have no symptoms of a respiratory infection or corona (e.g. cough, sore throat, fever, diarrhea, sudden Loss of sense of smell and / or taste). If the feeling of health changes during the course of the visit, this must be reported to the Goethe-Institut immediately.
8.1. The Goethe-Institut is subject to liability – regardless of the legal cause – only in case of gross negligence or intent.
8.2. The Goethe-Institut is also liable in case of ordinary negligence in case of damage resulting in death, injury or harm to health as well as damages for the culpable violation of a material contractual violation.
8.3. In order to protect your privacy and your personal data the Goethe-Institut uses “Adobe Connect” for its online learning classes. In case of technical problems on the supplier’s side we will try to resolve all issues as quickly as possible but the Goethe-Institut is not liable for technical issues that are out of its control.
8.4. Any other contractual or tort claims of the course participant are explicitly precluded.
9. Force majeure
9.1. In the event of serious, extraordinary circumstances or events or changes in such already existing circumstances or events outside the sphere of influence of the Goethe-Institut (e.g. unrest, military or terrorist conflicts, natural disasters, epidemics, pandemics, etc.) we reserve the right to offer you changes to the course (e.g. in terms of time or space). In this case, we will submit a new offer with a deadline and ask you to inform us whether you would like to accept the changed offer or withdraw from the contract. If you withdraw from the contract, we will reimburse you for any payments that may have been made (proportionally according to the status of the service provision).
10. Applicable law
10.1. The applicable General Terms and Conditions are those published publically on the internet page of the Goethe-Institut Thailand.
This version replaces all previous versions. It is available for consultation on the premises of the Goethe-Institut Thailand.
11. Severance clause
11.1. Should sections or individual formulations in these terms and conditions prove invalid or ineffective, this shall have no effect on the remaining sections and their validity. The ineffective provision shall be replaced by the legally admissible provision that most closely approximates the content and economic effect of the ineffective provision.
12. Language versions
12.1. In cases of doubt, the wording of the German language version is applicable to all translated texts.