An annual library membership entitles patrons to borrowing privileges from both our physical library and our eLibrary.
To apply for library membership, we require the following:
- proof of identity (government-issued ID)
- proof of address (on ID or piece of mail addressed to you), telephone number and email address
- student ID, if applicable
If you are under 13 years old, a parent or guardian must co-sign your application.
For members outside of New York City, we offer loans by mail under the following condition: the library will pay to mail items to members, but members are responsible for the cost of return postage, preferrably with tracking.
Annual library membership fees:
- $10 membership fee for the general public
- $5 membership fee for students or senior citizens
- $0 membership fee for students currently enrolled in one of our language courses
For the annual library membership fee, we accept checks payable to Goethe-Institut New York or cash only.
Should you be interested in becoming a member, please return your completed application and a check to the address below:
Goethe-Institut New York
Attn: Library Membership
30 Irving Place
New York, NY 10003
Current library members may request an access code to our eLibrary via an email to email@example.com
. If you are not yet a member, you may register for the eLibrary directly here
Our library subscribes to a number of German newspapers and magazines - both physically and digitally. Here's an up-to-date list of available publications:
Due to space constraints in our space, we do not archive newspapers or magazines - only select issues from the current year are available.