Culture Moves Europe is composed of two action lines:
Individual Mobility Action:The Individual Mobility Action is directed at artists and cultural professionals who are legal residents of Creative Europe countries, providing them with financial support to:
- Carry out a project with an international partner of their choice such as a fellow artist, an organisation, a cultural venue etc.
- Travel between seven and 60 days, or between seven and 21 days for groups of up to five people.
- Benefit from support to travel and subsistence costs as well as individual top-ups based on their project and personal situation.
The Residency Action is directed at legal entities (e.g., non-profit organisations, NGOs, public bodies, foundations, companies, and self-employed persons). It allows them to:
- Host one to five artists or cultural professionals from other Creative Europe countries for a residency project that lasts between 22 and 300 days.
- Benefit from financial support towards the costs of inviting and hosting international artists and cultural professionals, including individual top-ups based on their project and personal situation.
Between 2022 and 2025, four Calls for Residency Hosts will be open, each one for all sectors together.
Around 1.000 artists and cultural professionals will take part in the projects offered by the residency hosts.
Green mobility:Sustainable and slow travel is encouraged.
- Air travel generally not allowed for distances below 600 km, and the project length must be at least seven days;
- Green top-up for participants travelling over 600 km who decide not to go by airplane;
- A carbon offsetting contribution is made on behalf of those who travel by airplane
Inclusive mobility:Those who may face difficulties in undertaking an international mobility can receive extra support.
- Personalised disability support is available for artists and cultural professionals whose disabilities affect their ability to carry out the mobility project;
- Financial top-ups for visa costs, for participants responsible for children under the age of ten, and for the participation of people who are from or want to go to Overseas Countries and Territories or Outermost Regions;
- Under the Individual Mobility Action, virtual mobilities are an option available for people who reside in Ukraine or want to implement a project with a Ukraine-based partner.
Tailored to the sector:The context of the cultural and creative sector is respected with a demand-led and flexible scheme.
- Freedom to choose partner, destination and project duration;
- Use of daily allowances and lump sums for a simple budget calculation;
- Straightforward application and reporting process.