Nordic Leipzig 2023
The Goethe-Institut and LIA-Leipzig International Art Programme are pleased to announce the five artists who have been selected for a three-month residency at the Spinnerei Leipzig for the period February to May 2023:
Amalie Gabel (Denmark)
Johanna Oskarsson (Sweden)
Charles Young (Scotland)
Heikki Kaski (Finland)
Linda Morell (Norway)
We thank all participating artists for their interest in the Nordic Leipzig call.
Further information on the participating artists will follow in the coming weeks.
Key information about the residency:
- Free accommodation in an 83 square meter furnished studio
- Bursary towards travel and production costs: 700 euros
- Participation in weekly etching workshops at the Maria & Vlado Ondrej Studio for Contemporary Etching
- Participation in a curated group show during the Spinnerei Gallery Tour
- Curatorial advice by LIA director Anna-Louise Rolland
- Residency dates: 1 February to 30 April 2023
Artist-in-residence program for Nordic artists in Leipzig
The artists in Leipzig receive their own studio and are professionally accompanied by LIA director Anna-Louise Rolland and her team. Moreover, the artists will have the opportunity to participate in a curated group show during the Spinnerei Gallery Tour.
Residencies as a stage for cultural exchangeResidencies are highly coveted among artists. They allow a concentrated period of development away from familiar surroundings. Moreover, they provide the opportunity to gain new impressions and inspiration, and to build up a network. In interaction with local artists and curators, new ideas emerge and new projects can be developed and realised.
Leipzig International Art Programme