Exam Terms and Conditions
1. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS1.1 The minimum age for participating in adult examinations is 16 years. For participants under 16 years of age, exam dates with youth exam sets can be arranged. The decision on examination dates is solely the responsibility of the Goethe-Institut.
1.2 Exam participants are obliged to adhere to the house rules which apply at the Goethe-Institut.
1.3 Registration for exams is done in person. The participant is responsible for ensuring that his/her data is correct.
2. TERMS OF PAYMENT/CANCELLATION2.1 The Goethe-Institut accepts payment of fees in cash, by debit/credit card, or by invoice/bank transfer. If payment is made by invoice/bank transfer, the booking is considered complete upon definite receipt of payment.
2.2 Fees are to be remitted in the correct amount. Overpayments can be refunded in amounts of Rp350,000 and above.
2.3 In case of cancellation at least one week before the start of service provision, the fees can be refunded at 100%. In case of cancellation after this period but before the start of service provision, 80% of the fees can be refunded. The refund will be made within 5 - 14 working days. The declaration of withdrawal must be made in writing.
2.4 Cancellation at least one week before the start of the exam will result a 50% refund for exams taking place outside Jakarta and Bandung. The refund will be made within 5 - 14 working days. The declaration of withdrawal must be made in writing.
3. PRICES3.1 The prices valid at the time of registration in the current course brochure and website of the Goethe-Institut are part of the contract.
3.2 Examination fees are not included in the course price.
3.3 A fee of Rp70,000 per piece is charged for legalization of copies of certificates, copies of certificates of attendance, and issuance of replacement certificates.
3.4 An administrative fee of Rp350,000 per transaction will be charged for changes to personal data.
4. EXAMS4.1 All candidates must identify themselves on the day of the examination before the examination by providing an official photo ID. In addition, the examination invitation must be presented. Missing documents will lead to disqualification from the exam without refund or replacement.
4.2 No additional time will be given to participants who are late. Candidates at A1 and A2 level who are late may be assessed as "failed".
4.3 Personal belongings must be deposited before the exam starts and can be retrieved after the exam ends.
4.4 Reprints of certificates, including changes due to name changes, incorrect data entries, etc., are subject to a fee for examination (all modules).
4.5 Requests for single module certificate printing - B1, B2 and C2 exams - can only be submitted in writing (via email) prior to the day of the exam. Requests afterward will not be processed.
4.6 Further details are defined in the current version of the examination guidelines and terms and conditions for the exam administration. Each candidate confirms with his/her registration that he/she is aware of and agrees to these documents.
5. LIABILITY OF THE GOETHE-INSTITUT/ FORCE MAJEURE5.1 The liability of the Goethe-Institut and its employees shall be limited to intent and gross negligence. The Goethe-Institut shall also not be liable for the failure of its services due to force majeure (e.g. natural disasters, fire, floods, war, official orders and all other circumstances beyond the control of the contracting parties).
5.2 In the event of serious, extraordinary circumstances or events or a change in such circumstances or events already existing which are not within the sphere of influence of the Goethe-Institut (e.g. riots, armed or terrorist conflicts, natural disasters, epidemics, pandemics, etc.), we reserve the right to offer you changes to the service (e.g. in terms of time or space). In this case, we will submit a new offer with a deadline and ask you to indicate whether you wish to accept the modified offer or withdraw from the contract. If you withdraw from the contract, we will refund any payments you may have made (if applicable, on a pro-rata basis according to the status of service provision). The accepted payment methods may also change.
5.3 Documents and confirmations available in physical form will be stored for a maximum of 6 months, unless otherwise regulated. We assume no responsibility for documents that were not collected immediately.