Shadowing programme for young theatre professionals from abroad
The shadowing programme offers international artists within the field of Performing Arts an internship for a stay in Germany at a theatre or production house.
Conditions of Funding
- Directors, dramaturgs, stage designers in the fields of drama, performance, children's and youth theatre, puppet theatre and music theatre
- Artists in the field of light design, video and technique
We give preference to applicants from transition countries (Central, Southern and Eastern Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America).
In addition to a monthly allowance of €1.200 for room and board, the grant covers travel expenses to Germany, accident and health insurance, as well as up to €300 to cover costs of transport and admission to other theatrical productions in Germany.
- As far as possible a good command of the German language in order to follow the rehearsal process and performances, to “talk shop” with your German counterparts, and to get your bearings and get around on your own in your new surroundings.
- Some knowledge of the German theatre scene and works of German dramatic literature. Assistance in this regard is available at our information centres, libraries (including film and video libraries) and other comparable facilities.
- Credible assurances that you will return to your country after the shadowing programme and serve as a “multiplier”, contributing the skills and experience you have acquired here to the theatre scene in your country.
Next application deadline
Dance & Theatre Division