Returning the media isn’t necessary; at the end of the loan period, the media automatically become unavailable.With our eLibrary, media borrowing is possible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Anybody, who lives in Ireland, and who is registered with our Goethe-Institut Irland library, can use the services of the eLibrary.
Disclaimer: the use of eLibrary media on Apple and Linux powered devices is very limited (at the moment, only eBooks in the ePub format). The use of eLibrary media is not possible on Kindles. Why? Because Apple and Kindles have their own digital rights management (DRM), which are not compatible with the eLibrary's DRM. We recommend you confirm that your PC or Mac operating system is compatible prior to signing up.
The following steps are necessary to register for the eLibrary:
1. Complete the Application form and click on "Send application" at the bottom of the page.
2. Once we've received your application and verified that payment has been received, a staff member will contact you via email – during the work week generally within 24 hours – with a registration code. By completing these 3 steps you will also become a member of the "real" Library of the Goethe-Institut in Dublin in 62 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2 and be entitled to borrow media from there. For further details about the Library visit http://www2.onleihe.de/goethe-institut
3. Visit the myGoethe.de personalized web platform and create a new user account (registration and use are free of charge). Click on the navigation point "my eLibrary" and enter your registration code.
From the moment you first enter your registration code, you will have access to the eLibrary service for one year. After one year this access automatically expires. If you wish to continue using the eLibrary, you will need to fill out another registration form. You will then obtain a new registration code to renew your access to the eLibrary.
Application for the eLibrary:
- for eBooks: PDF-format and/or ePub-format
- for eAudio: WMA-format
- for eVideo: WMV-format
- for ePaper: PDF-format
- Operating system: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
- Windows Media Player 11 or higher
- Adobe Reader X or higher
- Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.2 (free Adobe ID required for authentification)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
- Firefox 3.6.0 or higher
- Mac OS 10.2.8 - 10.4.2 + Adobe Reader 7.1.0
- Mac OS 10.4.3 - 10.5.3 + Adobe Reader 8.x (9)
The minimal requirements for Linux systems for eBook use are:
- SuSe Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 + Adobe Reader 7.0.9 - 8.x
- Slackware Linux 10 + Adobe Reader 7.0.9 - 8.x
- Debian 4.0 Etch + Adobe Reader 7.0.9 - 8.x
- Ubuntu (ab Version 8.10)
We appreciate your understanding that while we currently are able to make our new range of titles available to many customers, for technical reasons, we are as yet unable to do so for all of them.
Please make sure that your eBook reader is compatible. You can find a compatibility list in English on this Adobe page: http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices