Returning the media isn’t necessary; at the end of the loan period, the media automatically become unavailable.With our eLibrary, media borrowing is possible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Anybody, who lives in Ireland, and who is registered with our Goethe-Institut Irland library, can use the services of the eLibrary.
Disclaimer: the use of eLibrary media on Apple and Linux powered devices is very limited (at the moment, only eBooks in the ePub format). The use of eLibrary media is not possible on Kindles. Why? Because Apple and Kindles have their own digital rights management (DRM), which are not compatible with the eLibrary's DRM. We recommend you confirm that your PC or Mac operating system is compatible prior to signing up.
- Log in to your Mein Goethe.de account. If you don't yet have a Mein Goethe.de account please register for one (registration and use of Mein Goethe.de and the eLibrary are free of charge).
Our eLibrary is for customers based outside Germany. To use the eLibrary within Germany please contact your local library.
- After logging in to Mein Goethe.de, go to the menu option "My eLibrary" and click on the "Log in" option. You can now use the digital media available in our eLibrary!
- for eBooks: PDF-format and/or ePub-format
- for eAudio: WMA-format
- for eVideo: WMV-format
- for ePaper: PDF-format
- Operating system: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
- Windows Media Player 11 or higher
- Adobe Reader X or higher
- Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.2 (free Adobe ID required for authentification)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
- Firefox 3.6.0 or higher
- Mac OS 10.2.8 - 10.4.2 + Adobe Reader 7.1.0
- Mac OS 10.4.3 - 10.5.3 + Adobe Reader 8.x (9)
The minimal requirements for Linux systems for eBook use are:
- SuSe Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 + Adobe Reader 7.0.9 - 8.x
- Slackware Linux 10 + Adobe Reader 7.0.9 - 8.x
- Debian 4.0 Etch + Adobe Reader 7.0.9 - 8.x
- Ubuntu (ab Version 8.10)
We appreciate your understanding that while we currently are able to make our new range of titles available to many customers, for technical reasons, we are as yet unable to do so for all of them.
Please make sure that your eBook reader is compatible. You can find a compatibility list in English on this Adobe page: http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices