The visual arts project fund
The formation of international networks, collaborative working processes and artistic research in global transcultural contexts provide opportunities to learn together and acquire new knowledge across national borders. We promote jointly planned and collaboratively executed projects.
Photo (detail): © Jamie Fyson Howard, IKF Projekt "Golden Age of extremes"
Conditions of Funding
The maximum amount of funding available is €25,000.
- Quality of the project and standing of the participating creative artists in their respective scenes
- Expected impact of the results of artistic or discussion-based activities
- Current relevance of the issues addressed
- Balanced, dialogical approach to collaboration in which no one participating person or group is dominant
- Establishment of extensive collaborative structures
- Due consideration for environmental and social sustainability as well as inclusivity in carrying out the project
- Budget showing own/third-party funding (at least 10% of the amount requested from us) and a sound financing plan. If you do not have any funds of your own to contribute and are unable to obtain third-party funding, please explain why.
- We give preference to project partnerships between Germany and transition countries as well as the Global South.
The application must be submitted by two or more partners, one of whom must be based abroad and one in Germany. The application should show that working contacts already exist between the partners, who agree to make dialogue central to their approach to the project. The application must also include written confirmation from at least one institution (art association, museum, educational institution etc.) interested in working with the applicants, as well as a description of the project content.
The application must be submitted online in English.
Please read thoroughly the explanatory notes about the documents required before filling out your application.
Next application deadline
The decision of the jury will be communicated in mid-January.
Music Division | Amateur & Newcomer Talents
Two institutions may also apply with a joint project if it satisfies all the other criteria. We give preference to small-scale institutions with limited financial resources.
This grant is not intended to fund additional showings or a tour of an existing exhibition project involving several artists either.