The Goethe-Zertifikat A2 is a German exam for adults. It requires elementary language skills and corresponds to the second level (A2) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
When will I receive my Goethe certificate?
Passing the exam demonstrates that you can ...
- understand and use sentences and common expressions in everyday situations,
- make yourself understood in simple, routine situations demanding an exchange of information on familiar and common topics,
- describe your background and education, immediate surroundings and other matters associated with your immediate needs in a simple way.
Note for exam candidates
Available spaces for external candidates may be booked out several weeks before the registration deadline. External candidates should therefore register early.
Course participants are defined as
- Persons currently taking part in courses at a Goethe-Institut in Germany.
- Former course participants of the Goethe-Instituts in Germany or worldwide who attended a course within the past six months (based on the examination date).