Cultural Bridge 2022 Applications
Cultural Bridge will be inviting applications for its 2023-2024 programme from 14th September - 26th October 2022. This is an opportunity for organisations based in the UK and Germany who embody cultural democracy and wish to forge or develop bilateral partnerships to work together and share artistic practice.
Guidance for the Cultural Bridge 2023 - 2024 programme is available now and we encourage organisations to start to develop their collaboration and project proposals ahead of the application window.
There will also be two information and match-making sessions on 6th and 8th September for organisations seeking support in finding a potential Cultural Bridge partner.
Find out more at cultural-bridge.info
More about the programme
The Cultural Bridge programme aims to enable social change through the medium of diverse artforms and community arts practices. It promotes cross-border cooperation between the UK nations (Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, England) and German cultural institutions in various disciplines and participative methods.
Awarded projects will work in partnership with at least one participating German organisation and one from the four UK countries – England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland – to implement their socially engaged practice.
The successful projects for the pilot-programme year have now been announced. The jury – that consisted of representatives from all participating countries – selected a total of seven projects to be awarded funding of up to 25,000€. The seven partnerships will all kick-off their projects in November 2021 to share learning, exchange expertise and develop new approaches to socially engaged practice.
The seven awarded cooperations 2022
• ENTER – Kulturvilla Nellie, Lörrach, Baden-Württemberg + Creative Black Country, West Bromwich, Birmingham (England)
• STAGING THE HIDDEN WORDS – Sommerblut Kulturfestival, Cologne + Writing on the Wall, Liverpool (England)
• BRIDGIT ‘Building Better Bridges’ – Fine Arts Institute Leipzig (FAIL), Leipzig + Folkestone Fringe, Kent (England) und Alchemy Film & Arts, Hawick (Scotland)
• NORTHSEA NEIGHBOURS – Das Letzte Kleinod, Schiffdorf, Niedersachsen + Shetland Arts, Shetland Islands (Scotland)
• ENSEMBLE UPVENTION – S27, Berlin + Govanhill Baths, Glasgow (Scotland)
• ODE TO EARTH – Die Villa, Leipzig + Beyond Skin und DU Dance, Belfast (Northern Ireland)
• MIND THE GAP – University of Music Lübeck und Emanuel Geibel-Schule + Valleys Kids, Penygraig (Wales)