1) Eligible applicants are enrolled students aged 18 – 28 before the application deadline. Only one representative student per film. Professionals in television and film are not entitled to enter the competition.
2) The online application form must be filled out at www.goethe.de/sciencefilmfestival with acknowledgment that the submission guidelines have been read and understood. Submission deadline is July 27, 2012.
3) Eligible entries must include a portfolio of past work on DVD/Data DVD or as data download, as well as a motivational essay (pitch) of max. 300 words in English.
4) Entry materials must arrive by July 30, 2012 or earlier.
5) Please either send a download link for videos in your online registration form or alternatively mail examples to:
MetaHouse Phnom Penh
#37 Sothearos Boulevard,
Songkhat Tonle Bassak,
P.O.B. 36 40
P.O. Box 1744
Makati Central Post Office
1257 Makati City
18/1 Soi Goethe, Sathorn Soi 1
56-58 Nguyen Thai Hoc,
6) Entry materials submitted will not be returned to the entrant. SEADocs is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated entries.
7) Three shortlisted candidates per country are selected by a national judging panel of film and television professionals together with environment experts.
8) Shortlisted candidates will be informed on August 10, 2012 by e-mail and will also be listed on the website www.goethe.de/sciencefilmfestival.
9) Shortlisted candidates receive guidance throughout the production period from an experienced documentary film specialist.
10) Shortlisted candidates receive a production budget grant of $500 to shoot their film (maximum 10 min. in length), which must be submitted with either English subtitles or with precise time-coded script in the national language no later than November 09, 2012. The production budget is paid out 50% advance and 50% on delivery of film with English subtitles or time-coded script.
11) The three regional winners are selected by an international judging panel of film and television professionals together with environment experts. The winner and runner-ups are announced on December 10, 2012. All entries are given equal consideration.
12) The three regional winners will receive a trip to Bangkok to receive their awards at the closing ceremony of the ASEAN Science Film Festival 2012 on December 10, 2012.
13) The three regional winners each receive a cash prize of $500. The first place winner additionally receives a budget of up to $5,000 to produce a feature documentary in 2013. The winner’s production budget grant is paid in two installments: 50% advance after submission of a production calculation and film treatment and the remaining balance after completion and submission of the final film with English subtitles and time-coded script.
14) By entering SEADocs, contestants agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of the competition and its judges, which are final and binding in all matters. The entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official competition rules and regulations as established herein.
July 27, 2012 Deadline for Submissions
August 10, 2012 Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates
November 09, 2012 Submission of Competition Films by Shortlisted Candidates
December 10, 2012 Announcement of Regional Winner