The German Embassy is pleased to announce to award the 15th German Teacher Award. The award recognises outstanding achievements by individual teachers of German and pays tribute to the work of German language teachers in primary and secondary schools in the UK. In honour of this occasion the German Embassy is delighted to invite the nominees to the “Sommerfest der Deutschen Sprache” in summer in London. The winners will be announced on the day of the event and will receive a personal prize of £750 and a certificate.
Teachers will be selected who have made an outstanding and dedicated contribution to German teaching within the curriculum and beyond, e.g. through:
- a record of successful teaching at a school, including innovative language teaching
- successful introduction of German teaching at a school, e.g. in a primary school as a first foreign language or in a secondary school as a new language,
- established and successful link activities with Germany, e.g. projects and exchanges, bilingual projects, curriculum projects,
- use of German language in subjects other than German,
- local or regional outreach activities.
Nominations must be submitted and signed by the head teacher by Monday, 21. May 2018
, using the application form:
Please send completed forms via mail or e-mail to:
Mail: GTA, c/o Culture Department, German Embassy, 23 Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8PZ
If you require further information, please visit the website of the German Embassy