Dir: Sarah Winkenstette, 92 Min., Germany 2019
Ben (12) and Tariq (11) are the newbies in school and the local football club. Ben had to move due to a new open-cast mine, Tariq fled from the war in Syria. The two boys soon become friends, but while Ben belongs to the outsiders in school and things aren't going so well for the talented striker in football, Tariq is a popular student who is successful on the field. Will Ben be able to step out of his friend's shadow? Or is his competitive thinking unnecessary after all?
The Goethe-Institut Irland has developed a study guide for "Zu weit weg"/"Too Far Away" which can be downloaded here.
- A virtual catalogue with films curated in Post-Primary, Primary and 12-14 age collections
- Easy-to-manage bundles or a whole school pass
- Linked study guides for MFL (Modern Foreign Language) titles
- Curricular links for each film
- A step-by-step guide to help you sign up, How to Stream and FAQ pages
for more information
Presented by the Irish Film Institue in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut Irland