"It's not your fault that the world is the way it is. It would only be your fault if it stayed that way."
Sustainability means living in a way that does not harm other people or our environment. In this sense, all member states of the United Nations (UN) agreed on common goals for sustainable development with the 2030 Agenda in September 2015.
The #FutureNow project was guided by these 17 goals and invited schools, teachers and German learners in the region of Northwest Europe and Germany in 2021-2022 to join the project. All schools engaged with the topic of "sustainability" and exchanged their approaches and ideas for a sustainable everyday school life with other participating schools and project partners.
- give pupils the opportunity to use their language skills outside the classroom, to integrate prior knowledge from other subject areas and to express their creativity,
- to train teachers in the use and integration of online communication tools (Skype, Microsoft Teams, Zoom) in the (language) classroom and to support them in training their pupils in the competent, responsible and critical use of information and communication technologies (ICT literacy), creativity, critical thinking and teamwork,
- invite schools from Northwest Europe and Germany to engage in a dialogue on the topic of sustainability and ecology that goes beyond national borders and gives a platform to the voices and ideas of their pupils.
- Secondary schools in the countries in North West Europe and Germany.
- 2 teachers per participating school
- German language learners aged between 14-18 years old.
|15th/16th of April 2021:||
|April – June 2021:||
|28th of September 2022 / 30th of September 2022||
|January - June 2022:||
|June 2022: End of project|