By Nilanjana Nandy
What is your regular routine when you visit the library?
- You walk to Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller bhavan, or you take a bus/ metro, or drive.
- You cross through the security check. Bags are not allowed inside the library so you place your bags in the locker and head towards the library, passing by Road Number Zero
- Open the door, take a seat and settle down in the cool quiet of the library.
- While seated, your gaze skims over the library collection. You then stand and walk around, taking a closer look at the collection.
- In case, you are a member of the library, you borrow the relevant material you feel like reading/ listening/ watching.
Taking place in the library – generally considered to be a regimented and predictable space – Cover-Uncover
will quietly intervene itself into the daily rhythm of work. Visitors will be nudged into rethinking their relationship with the clearly distinguishable material on the ordered shelves. The intervention also looks at the monotony of labour in the life of a daily wager – how some people spend an entire life doing the same work every single day.